Porcupine Tree Live on XM

Risquit

Sep 16, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Porcupine Tree Live at XM Session 2
Music Lab - XM 51
10PM ET
Hear 8 new tracks recorded live at XM in October 2003 and remixed by Steven Wilson at his home studio in England. This special event coincides with the release of the new Porcupine Tree 5.1 Surround Sound DVD, In Absentia.

Yet another reason to get XM radio.

Prepares self for the inevitable comments from Steven Wilson haters.

If someone records it, he/she shouldn't make mp3s out of it. MP3s are LOSSY and shit. If you disagree, you don't know schenowel about anything.

Hahaha. You have no clue what you're talking about you feeble child! You don't even know what Lossy is! It's not compression, it's different, RETARD I SHOULD NEVER OFFER MY BOOTLEGS HERE EVER AGAIN

to what extend are mp3's lossy ? i never experienced something like that, and im a very accurate listener. is there any quality loss at a rate of 320 kbits ?

mot- said:
to what extend are mp3's lossy ? i never experienced something like that, and im a very accurate listener. is there any quality loss at a rate of 320 kbits ?

They were sarcastically imitating a certain poster...

Mp3s are just fine.

mot- said:

Indeed there is. It might not be immediately noticable, but there is still significant loss of high-frequency data. A 320-kbit MP3 is still about 1/4 the size of a wave, so something has to give...

That being said, XM is compressed natively, so I doubt converting an XM recording into a highest-possible bitrate MP3 or OGG will result in much additional artifacting.