Portland Opeth Pictures?

hey man ... what camera do you have?

I'm thinking about bringing mine on 18th.

frog said:
i tried to bring my digital camera but they said i could only bring in a disposible. i could have had some great long exposure pics since i was in the balcony

They are being really tight about non-disposable photgraphy on this tour. I shoot pretty much every show that comes through Seattle for my web site and others but the venue specifically told me not to take pictures unless I could prove I had permission from the bands/management. I had a printed e mail from Century Media for Yakuza and Lacuna Coil but it wasn't until about 20 minutes before Opeth went on that I was able to get a photo pass from them. At least the venue let me bring my gear in, I guess it's good that they trust me not to shoot when I'm not supposed to!

Meshuggah was the same way, they wouldn't lewt anyone bring cameras in but since I came in with SYL they didn't give me any grief, they just told me I had to get a photo pass before I shot Meshuggah. I don't care though, after talking Wendy Dio out of a photo pass I figure I can talk almost anyone out of one! Having business cards and a small photo album with you REALLY helps!

yeah I was probably one of those people you saw taking pictures...well...maybe

I wasn't at the barrier...most of the time I was about 5 people back and about 1 or 2 people from the front near the end

they really were being strict about the cameras...I got checked by guards 3 times during the show to see if I was using a disposable