Portnoy quits Dream Theater

Ferret... as they mention in the vid, Mangini's actually played on multiple projects with the DT guys before

I think he would also have the advantage of already knowing the guys. It seems like they're not just looking for a session muso, but a permanent member. If it was just a session drummer they wanted, Donati, Minneman or Lang could play the stuff in their sleep!

From looking around the Roddy forum, it seems like that Roddy, Lang and Minneman have already unofficially mentioned they didn't get the spot and Wildoer is booked solidly for the rest of the year with Darkane. That leaves Donati, Priester and Mangini

After watching the second video (the first and third won't work for me) I wish Marco Minnemann had got the job. Didn't see any footage of Mangini but Marco seems to have a great personality and energy which would have been good for the band. It occurred to me yesterday that now that Portnoy has left there really isn't much personality in Dream Theater anymore. That might be because Mike was so overwhelming though.

Very much looking forward to how the band goes this year.

The good thing about it being Mangini and not Minnemann is that Mangini will more than complete DT as a band and they'll keep doing their thing, but I'm pretty sure JR and Minnemann will be doing something, possibly with JP (based off comments Minnemann apparently posted then removed from his website).

So DT keeps being rad, and something NEW and AWESOME will probably come to be with Minnemann.

Win/win.

It occurred to me yesterday that now that Portnoy has left there really isn't much personality in Dream Theater anymore.

Mr Myung disagrees.

myung.png