POSSESSED - Seven Churches

JayKeeley said:
Slayer have influenced Possessed though right? I guess the point is, Slayer deserves more credit to the point where they'll go down in history as one of THE most influencing bands. I can't think of many bands that rank alongside Slayer in that regard.
Is this a new concept to you? :loco:

I'd say the only other band more important to forming/influencing/assfucking metal, other than Slayer, is Black Sabbath. And even then you could make an argument because Slayer formed out of punk more than anything else.

yes ... you know how much of a fanboy of Slayer I am ... but even then I give 100% credit to Possessed for DM ...

NADatar said:
I'd say the only other band more important to forming/influencing/assfucking metal, other than Slayer, is Black Sabbath. And even then you could make an argument because Slayer formed out of punk more than anything else.

Haha, no, I'm just saying they don't get enough credit. People talk about Possessed, Bathory, Celtic Frost etc when it comes to influencing extreme metal but Slayer always goes down as the 'thrash' band. Maybe not though, I don't know, but all paths lead to Slayer imo. Like you say, only above that is punk and sabbath.

lurch70 said:
yes ... you know how much of a fanboy of Slayer I am ... but even then I give 100% credit to Possessed for DM ...

See, what I'm saying is that the Possessed sound is lifted pretty f'ing directly from Slayer. I'll give credit to Possessed for it being '85 but I can't say 100%, but then they were on the same tour circuits so who knows.

Seriously, at times, "Seven Churches" sounds like its riding the coat tails of Haunting the Chapel or something. And Slayer just did it better too. :)

Crimson Velvet said:
That's why I listed them first!

There are so many subtleties to my posts, it's incredible...

Ah so you listed them in priority of significance like this:

Slayer
Kreator
Sepultura
Possessed

Then yes, I agree with you. :) (Although Sepultura rank higher than Kreator just because Kreator have nothing that comes close to the utter despair that is Morbid Visions).

Mormagil said:
I just bought a banjo last week, and it's going to take ages to get here from Canada, but hell, it only cost me eighty bucks. :kickass:

never got it, bitch said i never sent the money

:kickass: :headbang:

NADatar said:
Is this a new concept to you? :loco:

Iron Maiden.

ok ... this is the deal ... SLAYER ... is SLAYER ... to me they sound neither Thrash nor Death Metal ... I mean they truely have a sound of their own.

Possessed did the whole scare the shit out of you visuals + music so convincingly that they deserve the crown.

Slayer always had a wink in their eye ... not a big wink like Venom for example ... but a smaller one.

Ok, close this thread ... :loco:

BTW on headbangers ball this weekend I saw a Static X video and the bass player was weaing a Possesssed Seven Churches shirt ... i almost threw somehting at the TV.

DAMN RIGHT MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Fucking Sepultura.

You should check out this album ->
beneaththeremains_820.jpg

Kreator was definetelly always more consistent and played it safe ... hence more tr00 in some people's eyes ...
Sepultura had some interesting stages in their career ... for better or worse.

Sepultura for the win ... even though the last 15 years sucked