Possibility of seeing these bands at PPUSA in the future?

ApolloFC

Sax-Man
Sep 18, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
After Glenn originally booked Turisas and then having to replace them with Blackguard, I was wondering if this means bands like Arkona or Korpiklaani now might be considered for the festival.

Except for taking part in the 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise, Korpiklaani has no scheduled dates in the USA at the moment. They will release a new CD named "Ukon Wacka" on February 4th 2011.

A new "Paganfest Tour" (Europe) with Korpiklaani, Unleashed, Moonsorrow, Varg, Arafel and Kivimetsän Druidi will start on March 04. including some special shows with Eluveitie and Heidevolk added to the roster.

Turisas has got better news for their fans in the USA: they will release a new CD called “Stand Up And Fight” on the following dates:

Europe: January 31st, 2011
North America: February 8th, 2011

Along with the release of the new album, Turisas will join Cradle of Filth pn Jan 29. 2011 at Circo Volador, Mexico City, MX, and then on the following "Creatures from The Black Abyss Tour" (30 gigs) in the USA between February 01. - March 13. 2011. The other supporting bands on this tour are Nachtmystium (USA) and Daniel Lioneye (FIN).

The "Creatures from The Black Abyss Tour" schedule can be viewed at *Turisas' website* and at Daniel Lioneye's Myspace

Just go for Skyclad w/ Martin then let the folk thing rest.
You know what was once cool about Progpower is the fact there were bands that one would not normally get to see in the U.S., with all of the repeats over the years and now regular touring bands it just seems that has changed a bit.
And Blackguard I think was the biggest disappointment to hear announced. It was like catching a tv show and it is the same damn rerun episode every time. Seriously that spot could have so been someone else but whatever.

And Blackguard I think was the biggest disappointment to hear announced. It was like catching a tv show and it is the same damn rerun episode every time. Seriously that spot could have so been someone else but whatever.

As I said above, I always assumed it was an easy booking, since they were already on the road with Kamelot. I could certainly be wrong, as I have no proof of course.

Blackguard was initially touring with Kamelot, but were not scheduled to play and I think they were just the easiest band to occupy the spot when Turisas backed out.

I dont think Korpiklaani or Arkona would go over nearly as well as a Tyr or Turisas mostly due to the lack of death vocals.

I will second the Skyclad performance, needs to happen.

Except for taking part in the 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise, Korpiklaani has no scheduled dates in the USA at the moment. They will release a new CD named "Ukon Wacka" on February 4th 2011.

Well, it's not like they haven't toured here recently. If I remember correctly they did have a tour here early in the year like in January or February. I'd guess they'll have another one at some point in 2011.

I'm with AngraRules though, I'm sorta getting sick of this brand of metal. I will probably pick up the new Turisas though as they tend to deliver.

Well, it's not like they haven't toured here recently. If I remember correctly they did have a tour here early in the year like in January or February. I'd guess they'll have another one at some point in 2011.

I'm with AngraRules though, I'm sorta getting sick of this brand of metal. I will probably pick up the new Turisas though as they tend to deliver.

I agree and this is coming from a big fan of the genre....I have passed over so many newer disc from that genre....it got way to oversaturated and bands that were good just dont do it for me.

I agree and this is coming from a big fan of the genre....I have passed over so many newer disc from that genre....it got way to oversaturated and bands that were good just dont do it for me.

This happens with every genre as it gets more popular.

Already starting to happen with doom (and I don't consider hipster stoner bands on RELAPSE or METAL BLADE as doom BTW), and trad metal.

The false ones won't last long. True bands who are true to the genre will always remain viable in the end.

Turisas has got better news for their fans in the USA: they will release a new CD called “Stand Up And Fight” on the following dates:

Europe: January 31st, 2011
North America: February 8th, 2011

Along with the release of the new album, Turisas will join Cradle of Filth pn Jan 29. 2011 at Circo Volador, Mexico City, MX, and then on the following "Creatures from The Black Abyss Tour" (30 gigs) in the USA between February 01. - March 13. 2011. The other supporting bands on this tour are Nachtmystium (USA) and Daniel Lioneye (FIN).

The crowd at these shows is going to be a real pain in the ass.... ugh....

I guess I'll wait until Turisas is on a more worthy package.

I think that's a great package for Turisas actually.

The young Cradle fans will eat up Turisas' image like crazy.
Plus they will certainly bring a different kind of energy to that show.

Nachtmystium are great live too.

I actually think that's a pretty interesting package.

I have often wonder why Skyclad does not come up more often, they would be so neat on the fest. Of course so would Hammers of Misfortune which I have an idea there are going to soon be a lot of Jonny come lately fans jumping on board with that band as they have with While Heaven Wept.
I was listening to Arcturus today, now that is a band that I'm very curious to see how they will go over next year. I think that they are too different and progressive to go over with the majority of the fest.

Of course so would Hammers of Misfortune which I have an idea there are going to soon be a lot of Jonny come lately fans jumping on board with that band as they have with While Heaven Wept.

See, now how come if I make a comment like that, I am an asshole??????? :tickled:

I suppose eventually, everything will come around and be in style.

A couple years back it was folk / viking. Now it is trad / epic metal and epic doom. I would not be surprised at all if a band like Candlemass is on the next lineup.

This is the one honest criticism I have of Prog Power.
The fest used to be ahead of the trends, and now it seems to be following them (based on certain bookings which obviously would never have even been considered in the past).

Before others start to flame away, I have a STRONG business background, and am both a CPA and MBA, so we don't need to get into an economics discussion.