Possible new bass players

Defiance

I vårens ljusa kvällar
Let's get creative, people! :D

I'm still sad Daniel left the band (now there's no one with my name in the band!!! :() But now the possibilities are endless! (In a way. Limited to Sverige or someone who'd move there haha.) So, who do you think might be a worthy bass player to be in dt? I'm thinking Steve DiGiorgio hahahaha. Now, in all honesty I've no idea right now who could be the new guy (or gal).

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlikely haha. If anything Martin H. would take over bass duties; it'd be interesting to see the band with just one guitarist or, instead of them looking for a new bass player, do so with a guitarist due to Martin H. going back to bass. I don't think that's going to happen, but I guess they need to find a new bass/guitar? player before they start touring.

As a fan of the Doors, their keyboard player,
Ray Manzarek, played the bass lines plus the regular keyboard
instrumental parts of their songs in concert.
I know Martin B could do that.

As for going with one guitar, not only is it a bad idea, you'd miss something live.
I've seen DT live 12x and the guitar playing between Niklas and Martin H
is a feast for the ears, a thing of beauty.
I'm sure there is a long line of bass players ready to replace Daniel -

^ You've no idea how much. People hate me for it. Especially when I correct them for not using the subjunctive appropriately. I even dare correct Mikael when he says *was instead of were. I've corrected Vintersorg haha.

Wishing darkness was [sic] sound
Shutting desires out
Wishing darkness was [sic] sound
But as moths to the flame...
...We go

---
I know I know, popular usage has it with *was, but it really drives me nuts hahaha….

But isn't subjunctive a mood, not a tense? Is it really incorrect to say "was", as opposed to just style? I mean, when you consider that English has no language academy and, 90% of its "rules" are just points of style anyway.

I also feel like "was" growls better than "were".

But isn't subjunctive a mood, not a tense? Is it really incorrect to say "was", as opposed to just style? I mean, when you consider that English has no language academy and, 90% of its "rules" are just points of style anyway.

I also feel like "was" growls better than "were".

Nope, "were" growls better than "was" ;) .

Hee heee whoops….

So, any ideas?

Those of you who have seen us play this year might have noticed that we haven't had a bass player on stage. "Construct" was written and recorded as a five-piece, and since the band chemistry is at an all-time high and we've never been the ones to shy away from new creative solutions, we wanted to try out playing with the bass on a backing track as opposed to bringing more flesh and blood to the fold. Much to our delight the results have been great, and we have decided for now to let the band be represented on stage by the five people who have spent a total of more than 100 years in the service of D.T.
source: darktranquillity.com

So the bass track in the background of the songs from previous albums is taken directly from the recordings of those albums or has Henriksson played it again for the shows? Or from where did they took the basslines? I mean the bass sounds different in each album, and since the guitars of all songs have the same sound live, a different bass sound from track to track would suck.