Possible new bass players

I did record a lot of the old songs right after we we were done with the CONSTRUCT recordings. That's what we've been playing with for the last few months.
Now, any suggestions for more "old" songs? Just so I get some more 4 (or 5)-string work done? :)

:OMG: I really appreciate this!

Some suggestions would be something from Skydancer as it is the 20th aniversary of that release (just today if I'm not wrong)... A Bolt Of Blazing Gold or Through Ebony Archways would be amazing.

Also The Gallery (song) and ...Of Melancholy Burning would be great, as well as the 5-string bass intro of Lethe...

Whatever you decide to re-record is ok for me, as I like all DT songs, but I think would be awesome to hear these live (in addition to the mentioned above):

- Insanity's Crescendo
- Auctioned
- Sun Fired Blanks
- Indifferent Suns
- Haven
- Damage Done
- My Negation
- Nothing To No One

Thanks!

I did record a lot of the old songs right after we we were done with the CONSTRUCT recordings. That's what we've been playing with for the last few months.
Now, any suggestions for more "old" songs? Just so I get some more 4 (or 5)-string work done? :)

(Whoa, Oav posting on the forum! :hotjump: )

Well, I have not checked your current setlist on purpose as I want to be surprised (yeah, it's silly) when you come to Finland in October, but here are some humble suggestions of old / rare songs that I'd like to hear live one day:

- Something from Skydancer! It's most definitely the right time for that. Shadow Duet is probably too much to ask, but how about Crimson Winds or Through Ebony Archways?

- Basically anything from The Gallery, except for Midway Through Infinity. The title-track was awesome the last time I saw you, even with all the pre-song silliness. :loco:

- Shadowlit Facade; a vastly underrated song you haven't had in you setlist for ages (although I'm afraid if you'll ever play something exclusively from ESA Matse will be asking for Archetype).

- Nether Novas. I just don't understand why you've never played it live - is there a particular reason for that?

- Not Built to Last. I don't think you've played it since at least 2002.

- White Noise / Black Silence; another old live-favorite you haven't had in your set in a while. Static would be awesome, but you don't seem to ever play bonus-tracks, so I won't even bother asking for it.

- One Thought. You played it before the release of Character, but never afterwards, as far as I know. Senses Tied would be another great pick, but you haven't played that one either.

- Below the Radiance. Another bonus-track, I know - but it just kicks ass! Besides, Empty Me is the only song from Fiction I haven't seen you play and while a good song, it's not as great as Below the Radiance.

- Finally, I really want to hear Archangelsk live.

So there. I know you won't be playing all of those I mentioned, but one or two of them would be very nice.

-Villain

(Whoa, Oav posting on the forum! :hotjump: )

Well, I have not checked your current setlist on purpose as I want to be surprised (yeah, it's silly) when you come to Finland in October, but here are some humble suggestions of old / rare songs that I'd like to hear live one day:

- Something from Skydancer! It's most definitely the right time for that. Shadow Duet is probably too much to ask, but how about Crimson Winds or Through Ebony Archways?

- Basically anything from The Gallery, except for Midway Through Infinity. The title-track was awesome the last time I saw you, even with all the pre-song silliness. :loco:

- Shadowlit Facade; a vastly underrated song you haven't had in you setlist for ages (although I'm afraid if you'll ever play something exclusively from ESA Matse will be asking for Archetype).

- Nether Novas. I just don't understand why you've never played it live - is there a particular reason for that?

- Not Built to Last. I don't think you've played it since at least 2002.

- White Noise / Black Silence; another old live-favorite you haven't had in your set in a while. Static would be awesome, but you don't seem to ever play bonus-tracks, so I won't even bother asking for it.

- One Thought. You played it before the release of Character, but never afterwards, as far as I know. Senses Tied would be another great pick, but you haven't played that one either.

- Below the Radiance. Another bonus-track, I know - but it just kicks ass! Besides, Empty Me is the only song from Fiction I haven't seen you play and while a good song, it's not as great as Below the Radiance.

- Finally, I really want to hear Archangelsk live.

So there. I know you won't be playing all of those I mentioned, but one or two of them would be very nice.

-Villain

o_O Oav posted! :kickass:
Great setlist too, Villain.

Here's my own:

Skydancer: Through Ebony Archways
Gallery: Midway Through Infinity. I love the guitar melodies!! Plus, Emptiness, Punish and Lethe (I guess you usually play the last two.)
Mind's I: Archetype. LOL. Might be a good song after the gig hahaha, I guess not many people will recognise it :p. Shadowlit Façade & Hedon.
Haven: Not Built to Last & Indifferent Suns.
DD: The Enemy & Cathode.
Character: Through Smudged Lenses & Mind Matters. And Senses Tied, LOVE those keyboards!
Fiction: Below the Radiance is a really cool song, as well as Misery's Crown.
Void: Archangelsk & Grandest Accusation.

Just a few ;) .