Possible Opeth Video!!!

Alucard

Admatha
Jun 3, 2001
Annandale, NJ, USA
Visit site
Just wanted to make sure that everyone saw this. This is from a recent interview with Mikeal at http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/OpethMikael.htm

Are there any plans for a live album? Perhaps after this tour?

MA:I don't know actually. I can't see it coming. Our next thing with Opeth is that we're going to put out a video. 'Cause we filmed the entire recording of BLACKWATER PARK.

Cool!

MA:We've also got interview with all the band members as well as out producer, Steven Wilson. We've also got some live footage 'cause we played with Steven's band Porcupine Tree in Sweden a couple of weeks back and that show was filmed so we're gonna through that in there.

That'll be a very cool package! Will it be on video and DVD?

MA:I don't know the format right now. The guy who's doing it is an old friend of mine.

I know that'll go over really well because a lot of people on the website have been asking about Opeth live footage.

MA:I think especially in the States and all of North America people seem to be very into the video thing, while in Europe it's not a big thing. Here it seems to be mandatory! (laughs)

Ante-
Well since you've seen it (lucky duck!) do you know when it might be coming out for us?? Couple of months, or sooner maybe???? Was it really really long!? Did you see the whole entire footage or more like the finish product? I hope it's longer than 2 hours, huh!??
DETAILS!... PLEASE!?!!!!! :) :) :)

redblueyes - I guess the video is ready to be released though it´s in swedish so it must be translated but it shouldn´t take so long until it get´s to the fans :)
The thing is that I didn´t pay to much attention of the duration of the video because i was chatting with Mike at the same time but it´s around 40 - 60 minutes maybe, it´s not 2 hours though
But there are cool interiews with all the band members and they let us into the studio during the BP sessions and there are some live performances as well, it´s hard to describe but it´s the kind of video all bands have u know...like a behind the scene video :)