Post 10 bands who you hope to see at future ProgPowers.

rottingflesh said:
hey, my list messed up when i sent... oh well.
the way my last few months have went, i am not surprised... :)

That's too bad; I'm sure I would have gotten a kick out of your list :lol:

Don't worry, Rot, the week ahead will be much better than the last few have been :headbang:

Borknagar(they are my number 1 pick, they are so amazing, and I think everybody would dig them, cause Vintersorg is an amazing singer and their music touches all metal genres)

rhapsody
iced earth
finntroll(definately odd-ball)
kamelot
lost horizon
masterplan
dream evil
dark tranquility
pain of salvation

In Addition to the bands I've previously mentioned (Zero Hour, Mezarkabul, The Lord Wierd Slough Feg, and Metalium) I must also add Primal Fear as a new addition and I believe I already put in for Lost Horizon...

Yeah, can't wait til later this week!

Hmmm... tough one! Unfortunately couldn't make it this year, but hope to see some of these guys out there next year:

Sonata Arctica
Kamelot
Rage (they can come back!)
Blind Guardian/Demons & Wizards
The Gathering
In Flames
Therion
Symphony X
Stratovarius
Dream Evil

Tough to cut it down to only ten, though... :devil:

Shaman
Enchant
Tiles
The Quiet Room
Andromeda
Dead Soul Tribe (or a Psychotic Waltz reuinion)
The Tea Party

Bands Who Tour to headline
Planet X
Fates Warning
The Mars Volta

Uncertain if playing live is really in the plans

OSI (esp. having Kevin Moore come seems un-realistic)
John Arch
The Jelly Jam
Shadow Gallery

Returnees who I wish could play a longer set
Superior
Zero Hour
Pain of Salvation (the encore they were suppose to play was nixed due to the encore given to Blind Guardian even though PoS were the 5th band. Something involving a curfew in Marietta?)
Power of Omens

Reunions
Soundscape
Without Warning
Lemur Voice

Take Your pick amongst the Italians
Stratomonio
Madsword
Evil Wings
Empty Tremor
Eldritch
Arkhe

Kyle

I can't come up with 10, but I'd like to see:

After Forever
Stonehenge (the Hungarian one)
Ayreon/Star One
Nevermore
Demons & Wizards
Kamelot
maybe Balance of Power (I've not heard enough of the new singer)

More bands that I've not listened to before!

Yippee38

I'm not going to bother with 10 bands. But I will give an honorable mention to Archetype.

Has anyone ever heard these guys? Check out their CD Dawning if you havn't. I could see them opening up a ProgPower.

Less Bands with Keyboards and bands that are more song focused like Vanden Plas, Mercenary, and even CIIC were. The keyboard and guitar solo's were completely extraneous. You can be prog without so much crappy keyboards and you can be Power without a Guitar solo in evry song. Play the music for the sake of the music, not for the sake of showing off your chops. I don't want to seem totally negative, but I was thoroughly disappointed this year. You can call me a troll all you damn well please, but there was only about 39% satisfaction for me, considering the huge amount of money spent to attend. This was my third year and I know you can't please all the people or even some of the people all the time, but I don't know about any blindly buying Gold Badges next Year. The bands better be damn good next year. Oh, by the way, I have been up for 26 hrs now after driving 7 hrs home and then having to go to work last night for 11 hrs.

since everyone's doing it:

obviously, i'm more of a power metal fan...

and i'm probably forgetting several...

10 bands i want to see that have never attended PP:

Lost Horizon (get your guitarist back, dammit)
Savatage
Virgin Steele
Primal Fear
Into Eternity
Voivod
Helloween
Seven Witches
Gordian Knot
and get Anacrusis the hell back together to play this thing

and the all star, "Best of Atlanta Progpower in Ryan's opinion" festival of bands from the past 3 years (especially Angel Dust, my god...):

(note that I chose two bands that had played each slot)

Openers: Pagan's Mind, Zero Hour
Second Bands: Mercenary, Secret Sphere
Third Bands: Edguy, Angel Dust
Fourth Bands: Gamma Ray, Nightwish
Fifth Bands: Rage, Symphony X

Ryan

Mephistopheles said:
I'm not going to bother with 10 bands. But I will give an honorable mention to Archetype.

Has anyone ever heard these guys? Check out their CD Dawning if you havn't. I could see them opening up a ProgPower.

I love that disc, but they're in search of a singer at the moment.

Zilla

97reb said:
- Zero Hour
- Mezarkabul / Pentagram from Turkey (Glenn I'll rip copies for you if you have not heard them, and I don't think anyone involved with the band would mind, if it meant more exposure by a US gig)
- The Lord Weird Slough Feg
- Metalium
Mezarkabul's last CD was hyped for quite a bit and well received indeed. In fact, I think Glenn may have been one of the guys who convinced me to check it out.

I hope they have a new CD coming out soon. If so, I'm sure they'd be considered.

Zilla