Post a picture of your favorite rpg and a brief explanation

I really got into SH3, more so than two actually. Then again, I prefer FFVIII's story over FFVII's.

It's a damn shame that Team Silent isn't developing SH: Homecoming but I'll give the development team in charge a chance. I've read numerous release dates for the game including this summer/September but GameStop is listing a ship date of January 2009. You know of an actual release date?

So I pirated Daggerfall but it keeps saying invalid CD path. What is a valid cd path? Why can't it just install? :cry:

Oh god damnit, you need the cd for this. Arrrrrrrrrrrg. Stupid dos box is too confusing.

And this is why you should buy your games ;)

I'm currently playing Mass Effect PC. Despite the protest from the console-tards, it's a good thing it came out so early. I don't see why people get all snippy because PC-owners can play a game too - it's not as if they are disadvantaged because we can also play a game. I suppose it's some misplaced urge to feel advantaged towards PC owners.

Anyway, so far it's not bad, not bad at all. I'm not a fan of the action-style combat, but that's just personal preference. One thing that does annoy me about the game is the annoying inventory screen (I heard it's even worse on the 'box), with weapons and armours only being given a name, number, and a bunch of stats. After a while, it gets horribly confusing, especially since every member had a pistol, assault rifle, shotgun, and sniper rifle, and you need to equip each and every one on each and every party member. Sure, you can ignore some weapons for some group members, but that's hardly a relief.

The dialogue system's not bad, although the choices you make don't always match what the character actually says. For instance, if you select, "You don't like Spectres?", the character will bark, "Hey man! Spectres are cool so STFU!". Kinda makes it difficult to choose the right dialogue option. Still, it's a nice effort to create something else than the usual "pick a sentence"-dialogue system that Bioware tends to use. It was a good system, not that, but it's kinda becoming obsolete, so good on them that they tried something new.

TL;DR: There should be more developers like Bioware, who have the guts to try new things, even though they could just as easily stick to their old formula. Their take-over by Electronic Arts is a ad thing though. EA ruins everything they touch.

I usually do, I wanna play it first before I lay down all that money though in case I just can't appreciate it cause its old and shitty.

Just kidding.

Not really.

I usually do, I wanna play it first before I lay down all that money though in case I just can't appreciate it cause its old and shitty.
It's old, but definitely not shitty. The only thing it has in common with shit are all the bugs.

But shit, go to the pawn shops, they have all these old fucking games for like a quarter each.
Pretty sure they won't have Daggerfall. It sells on eBay for big bucks.

Speaking of SH2, I came across this:

Just.....wow. :lol: Fucking crazy alternate endings.

woah wtf, ok i got both alternative endings in that game. what do you have to do for that one????????

fuck this im gonna do some research on that lol. I had no idea there was ANOTHER ending....unless its fake

Last edited by a moderator:
the ending for SH2 was good, both endings.

and when you beat the game 1st time around, and you start another game, you get the chainsaw right when you start the game! its in a piece of wood. Thats always fun to use. But not against pyramid head (thats what i call him) cause its to slow.

PST.jpg

Planescape: Torment. It's not about saving the world, it's not about killing the big bad demon - it's about one man who wakes up on a slab in the Mortuary, with no idea who he is or why he keeps surviving the most horrible wounds, with scars as the worst consequences. His search for identity draws others to him, who all have one thing in common, and this leads them across the planes, out to the farthest expanses of the multiverse, and into the deepest of their own souls.

This is, without a doubt, the best RPG ever.

Indeed, this game wins.

Jeff