Post a picture of your favorite rpg and a brief explanation

The only game that ever really creeped me out was the first Silent Hill game.
Man, Playing that alone in the dark with the sound turned up was...well, awesome!

I remember playing that on the PS1 back in the day. So many people were too obsessed with comparing it with Resident Evil, that they never really appreciated it. It was such an awesome game.

I find it funny how many people like Final Fantasy 8 over 7. I always considered 8 as being Final Fantasy crossover with Dawson's Creek. But, i'll admit... It was still a good game. But i like 7 alot more.

That school was fucking TERRIFYING! Remember when you hear a locker rattling, unlock it and the cat runs out, then some bastard kills it? omgz

We should have a video game thread that isn't limited to RPGs.

I thought it was pretty cool! Certain things bothered me about the movie, like the little girl who was birthed by the burnt woman. If they would have made it more to the fashion of the second silent hill then that would have (in my opinion) made a much better movie.

Still, SH2 stands above the rest of the games. Playing that thing out in an inherently foggy country place that is eerily quiet in the middle of the night is fucking freaky.

Silent Hill 2 also had a great story, compared to the other games and their just "better than average" stories.

Easily a top 10 game of all time.

Can't wait for fucking 5!

5 comes out soonish... hopefully by the end of the year.

3 was decent and had some particular parts that were really important if you're interested in the full story of Silent Hill, granted the character development wasn't done too well, and aspects of the game get lost in that. A lot more "gunny" than the others as well.

4 you can miss if you must, though some of the plot elements in it were really cool.