Post about your Bands / Musical Projects here!

I'll prob post my bands recordings on here after december, although im a little nervous about what people are going to say. We played a show recently, people said we were good but 1 guy said we had to many conflicting genres of music :(

(...)I play Japanese drums in a local group called Wadaiko Rindo. You've probably all seen this kinda stuff before, but there's a sample video of what we do here.
Excellent stuff, man! I have a couple of Kodo CDs which are absolutely great to listen to when in the right mood (which goes for any other kind of music, really).
I wish you good luck in developing and/or maintaining your physical condition, especially should you move up to the bigger drums one day. I hear that's hard stuff to pull off and one can only do it for a couple of years before having to move back to the smaller sized drums. I can imagine...

My friend mentioned a guy who plays guitar, and his friend who plays drums that wanted to start a band. We were talking about jamming last night. Though this leaves us with three guitarists, I like the idea, but I'm the only one with any ability for lead guitar, two rhythm guitarists seems like overkill, but I should be happy that anyone wants to give me a shot. We have big gaps in taste though, I'm into just about every type of guitar driven music, and new age instrumental oddly enough. My friend is into more mainstream metal, the other guitarist likes nu metal and alternative hard rock while the drummer is into grunge. Hopefully my want to have most of the creative control doesn't get in the way, I'm the only guy that has a horde of bad riffs waiting to get abused after all. More than anyone wanted to know I'm sure, too fuckin' bad. The koto is a beautiful instrument by the way.

Fortunately for you, I don't have any audio that I could upload...:lol:

But let these pictures serve as ample warning of the horror such recordings would bring. I'm the mulleted bassist (I went from having Joey Ramone/Cliff Burton hair to this beast)-- "Ransom" 1986/7...
MVC-002F-1.jpg

Excellent stuff, man! I have a couple of Kodo CDs which are absolutely great to listen to when in the right mood (which goes for any other kind of music, really).
I wish you good luck in developing and/or maintaining your physical condition, especially should you move up to the bigger drums one day. I hear that's hard stuff to pull off and one can only do it for a couple of years before having to move back to the smaller sized drums. I can imagine...

Cheers heaps! :)

It's really strange, I have a few wadaiko CDs as well (Kodo and some others) although I very rarely listen to them, but seeing it onstage (or playing it) is a completely different experience... definitely go see this stuff live if you get the chance. :)

Argh, don't get me started on the physical aspect, hehe. I'm half-dead after playing a few songs, I need to exercise more often. :erk:

I i am trying to get my demo finished but its cursed! Everytime i try and work on it something breaks, first it was my guitar, then my pc, then my pc again, then my soundcard....
Sometimes I think that successfully completing a music project these days has very little to do with musical skill, but more to do with the commitment to overcome all the untimely hassles of the many, many stages along the way. Gear breaking down, PCs crashing, work schedules, exhaustion, illness, madness, :ill:

Good luck man! Stick with it!

I sing in several bands, my main band being a deathmetal act called Canopy, the other a more thrashy
deathmetal band called Facing Death. I've also laid down some backing vox for the blackmetal act
Obitus and thrash act Subcyde !

That's just about it!

Feedback is always fun!

.:crast:.

WHAAAAA?! YOU'RE IN CANOPY?! Dude, I checked out your latest album a bit ago, I was absolutely blown away, such tasteful death metal, listened to the album like 4 times over the weekend, which is really rare for me... amazing man.

Anyway, I'm not in a band, sadly, I need one. I write a ton of music, most which I put into Guitar Pro, you can check out my Myspace here: www.myspace.com/brodiewiddifield Tell me what you think. My folk metal song (not really that folky), the first song, is definitely my favourite thing I've done, really proud. Anyway, any thoughts you guys have, greatly appreciated.

WHAAAAA?! YOU'RE IN CANOPY?! Dude, I checked out your latest album a bit ago, I was absolutely blown away, such tasteful death metal, listened to the album like 4 times over the weekend, which is really rare for me... amazing man.

Anyway, I'm not in a band, sadly, I need one. I write a ton of music, most which I put into Guitar Pro, you can check out my Myspace here: www.myspace.com/brodiewiddifield Tell me what you think. My folk metal song (not really that folky), the first song, is definitely my favourite thing I've done, really proud. Anyway, any thoughts you guys have, greatly appreciated.

:OMG:
You've heard us? :D That's pretty damn cool, I'm glad you enjoyed
our latest album! The first two albums are available for download from
our website. Don't forget to check out the video we did too, :heh:

YO, the folk metal song sounds really good.

i'm adding you on myspace! LOL

Crast: Sweetass, I'll check those out. Keep up the great work, maybe if you guys come somewhere around here I can check you out.

Pale: Thanks :D And I'll go and accept you.

I play guitar and do vocals for a progressive/death metal band along the lines of Opeth and Woods of Ypres haha its called Morothe hence my account name haha. Im also a guitarist in a death metal/grindcore band called Corpse Callosum

Crast: Sweetass, I'll check those out. Keep up the great work, maybe if you guys come somewhere around here I can check you out.

Well, we are signed to a Canadian record company, so it's not impossible! :)

Right...

Me and a friend have started two bands. Neither have ever rehearsed or recorded anything, I can´t play anything or growl, and my friend hasn´t played the drums for 5 years, but we´ve sofar got the names and band histories made up!

Band #1 is Iltsvind (Supposedly where the BM band Isvind stole their name from...:p ) Fast icy (!!!) Old School BM, founded in the early 90s, we´re not sure exactly when cos we were drunk back then....

Band #2 is Durzum. You know why Bathory sounded the way it did? They got their sound from the long lost Durzum demo tape. Founded in 1981, we are basically responsible for where BM is today! And I guess I won´t have to say, who was inspired by our name to come up with a name for his own band, do I, Grishnack?

:heh: :kickass: :kickass: :heh: