Post any black friday deals here

rvs0002

Metal from the Heartland
Jun 28, 2007
Topeka, KS
www.johnnylokkeband.com
I don't think this thread exists yet...if it does mods can feel free to delete.

Hopefully there will be some good BF deals starting to trickle out, so if anyone stumbles across any post them here so we can all take advantage!

I just got one from Slate Digital, but it looks like it is only going out to previous customers and is non-transferable. It's the 1 year license for the everything bundle for $149 plus a voucher for a free plugin to keep. Not a bad deal and I like Slate stuff but I find the customer service to be horrendous. I've been working with them for over a week now just trying to recover a serial number and reinstall my 3.5 platinum library. I email them and then wait for 3 days for an answer. Slate seems pretty passionate but there must only be 1 or 2 people trying to help all his customers.

Anyway, hopefully there will be some good deals this year.

I could be wrong, but I think the support team for SSD and the Slate Digital plugins are two different teams. I remember Slate, somewhere at sometime, saying something to that effect. Every time I've contact Slate Digital support about one of their effects, I always gets a reply in about 24-36 hours, depending on when I sent the e-mail. Sometimes sooner.

I'm interested in seeing what Waves puts up, but I've been trying to save up for a UAD card for a while. Hoping that they do something that will last until Christmas.

I could be wrong, but I think the support team for SSD and the Slate Digital plugins are two different teams. I remember Slate, somewhere at sometime, saying something to that effect. Every time I've contact Slate Digital support about one of their effects, I always gets a reply in about 24-36 hours, depending on when I sent the e-mail. Sometimes sooner.

You are correct. Maybe the digital team is better. I just hate to write in, wait 3 days, get an answer, write a response, wait 3 days, rinse, repeat. Maddening.

I'm kind of interested in the Waves Virtual Mix Room. I need to demo it in case it comes up as a BF item.

You are correct. Maybe the digital team is better. I just hate to write in, wait 3 days, get an answer, write a response, wait 3 days, rinse, repeat. Maddening.

I'm kind of interested in the Waves Virtual Mix Room. I need to demo it in case it comes up as a BF item.

I bought the Waves NX plug as soon as it came out. At first I thought it was awesome, but it seems to mess with the frequency spectrum a bit and led me to make some bad eq choices.

I bought the Waves NX plug as soon as it came out. At first I thought it was awesome, but it seems to mess with the frequency spectrum a bit and led me to make some bad eq choices.
It's the same with that plugin as new speakers and room. You just need to get used to it before you make better mix decisions

I'll share... keeping in mind you might poo poo me for liking the pod stuff...
right now the pod hd series is offered with a free upgrade of the fully loaded amp models... $99 value?
at gtr center if you trade something in you get 15% off of the price so...
I traded something in, got the pro x for $425 plus tax(orig $499), minus my trade, with the fully loaded upgrade.

I'll share... keeping in mind you might poo poo me for liking the pod stuff...
right now the pod hd series is offered with a free upgrade of the fully loaded amp models... $99 value?
at gtr center if you trade something in you get 15% off of the price so...
I traded something in, got the pro x for $425 plus tax(orig $499), minus my trade, with the fully loaded upgrade.

I actually like the pod stuff. I've got an x3 and x3 pro as well as pod farm platinum. That being said those presets are horrendous (at least the demos of them). The pod itself is solid though.

I actually like the pod stuff. I've got an x3 and x3 pro as well as pod farm platinum. That being said those presets are horrendous (at least the demos of them). The pod itself is solid though.
lots of folks make good recordings on them. it's a tool. for me, it's my convenience rig. pretty quick to get something down and I can always go back and manipulate my dry tone. hope I don't miss my x3 gorilla patches!

hope I don't miss my x3 gorilla patches!

Off topic, but what are"gorilla" patches? Commercial or ones you made? I'm always looking for interesting/decent patches. I have two that I made years ago that I use for just about everything but always like to check out ones made by others.

On topic, as mentioned earlier in the thread the Waves Mixroom is on sale for $49 and their Scheps 73 plug is $69 at audiodeluxe.com, along with TH3 Overloud packs for $49 (and then take another 15% off with the code BLACKFRIDAY16). Didn't care for the demo sounds of the Overloud stuff, but I don't like most demo sounds anyway.

sorry for ot folks:
gorilla was/is a member here. some of my abso fav patches where one's he posted. for the most part - using one guitar or another - they kill'd right out the box. you can find some x3 patches of his if you really dig hard around this site.

I would gladly pay for some pro x patches by him - here that gorilla? listening? props. as I recall he moved on to the axe fx so...