post clips of your favourite film scores!

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuLSIEOznwY&feature=related[/ame]

The crescendo at 2 minutes rarely fails to make me feel like I'm about to burst into tears. SO fucking powerful

your turn!

Man... this song gets me every time... It's from Cinema Paradiso, anyone who hasn't seen it... GO SEE IT NOW! It's a fucking classic and it rules. And that song is one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever had the pleasure to listen... literally makes me burst into tears, as well as the movie in conjunction with that song...

This does make me wonder about the power of music to move you, it's so fucking strong... I love it.

NOTICE the crescendo at around 1:50 oh my fucking god...

I'm loving that one as well Gareth!

Thanks for this thread Gareth, this reminded me I gotta rent this movie to see it again!

Last edited by a moderator:
what like the picture that the dudes put on the video?
its one of the promo images i think
the 1 disk packaging for the region 2 is different to that, and the disk 2 has the sorta same concept of the one character in the top half and the other in the bottom half but its done much differently
that what you meant?

I was talking about your video, because since it has the same name I thought it was a cover of the one I showed or something...! But didn't realize it was from mulholland!!

ah nah man, its from mulholland drive. there's probably millions of "love theme"s out there haha

The music is played under the introduction and compliments its so well. Epic. Fuck Twilight vampires.

Love the intro percussion and the trumpet melody at the end

even more epic

good action music

the mix of the hammond and guitar give it that bluesy vibe and then massive orchestra. Sad part is, I don't think it was used in the movie at all.

There are really too many to name or post, but these are just some of the ones that pop into my head.

Bernard Herrmann's 'Scene D'Amour' from Hitchcock's Vertigo is the first piece that springs to mind. Haunting yet beautiful.

Bernard Herrmann's descending brass theme for Cape Fear... The reworked version to be exact.

My favourite Thomas Newman piece is the piece titled 'The Green Mile' from.. you guessed it - The Shawshank Redemption :p

Couldn't find it on youtube though, just a guy playing it on piano. Tempo is a bit off here and there but it's good. The original piece is mostly strings.

This is from Road to Perdition again by Thomas Newman. I love how dark, mysterious & jazzy it is.

Pure nostalgic tragedy - Ennio Morricone's 'Poverty' from Once Upon a Time in America.

The waltz from the Godfather by Nino Rota.

Also the entire score from A Streetcar Named Desire is beautiful. Couldn't find anything youtube though.

Last of the Mohicans

I post the full last scene, with the music in background.

In 7 minutes, almost every character of the movie dies. It's one hell of a scene. It's fucking EPIC

Gives me shiver each time

This songs also gets me all the time when i listen to it :)

It's a piece probably everyone knows or recognises. It's the beautiful piece 'Comptine D'Un Autre Ete L'Apres Midi' by Yann Tiersen from the Amelie soundtrack.

this piece gives me chills:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE-rD8vcY4U&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Eulogy and sphykik, great pieces :)
requiem for a dream is a fantastic movie, i haven't seen amelie though, don't really know why, it just slipped through my fingers and i never got around to buying it]
Sedna, I'll skip that video for now buddy, I haven't seen last of the mohicans yet. It's a Michael Mann film right? I'm a fan of his stuff so I'll check it out soon I'm sure.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nadVaj4dvrg&feature=PlayList&p=C352DD6E7046CEDD&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=49[/ame]
another angelo badalamenti one, sorry haha :)
dont play past the tv smashing if you dont want twin peaks spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conan The Barbarian - Riddle Of Steel / Riders Of Doom:

Rocky 4 Training Montage, Hearts On Fire:

=3 of the best motivating songs best listened to before a workout with heavy 1 rep max attempts.

Blade Runner - Opening Scene

Barber - Adagio for Strings (Platoon)

Top Gun - Theme

Morricone - Finale

Morricone - A Fistful Of Dynamite