Post in this thread and I'll tell you what I honestly think of you.

I'd like your opinion of my band Lycanthia.

Within The Walls is our latest release, you can check out samples here:

I'm not saying what style of music we play as everyone has a different opinion as I found out.

I got flamed in the MDB thread here for saying it was a certain style we've been described as many times but not everyone agrees.

s

c

Shitty is subjective but as someone mentioned 98% of Metal is unoriginal.

I think it's more like 99.99% seriously - originality is overused in this industry.

Metal with ukelele and bongos now that would be original.

s

c

That's the thing, we don't copy other bands.

I play guitar and no matter what I play someone will say - I've heard something similar before - you just can't escape that.

Each member writes music, one of us will lay down a foundation then each member will add to it in their own style.

I don't listen to any of the bands we get compared to - I'm was big into Metal in the 80's & I played for Dungeon (Aussie Power Metal), that is where my influences come from. Each of us is different though half the band are into Doom so you can say it is Doom influenced but I can tell you it is not troo Doom.

We have a female soprano, male death vox, violin, etc. so we will undoubtedly get compared to the bands with the same or similar line ups because that is what people will relate us to.

I don't ever sit down and say "ok, now I'm going to write a song that sounds like........" - it would lose all its energy if I did.

When I write I put down what sounds good to me and I can accept not everyone will like it but we headline our own shows and have fans across the globe so I'm happy some people do actually like it.

s

c

Thank you for gracing my soul with your honest response.

s

c

I could say the same about your repeated responses.

s

c

machfail.jpg