Post-metal bands?

metallicathe100th

New Metal Member
May 11, 2009
I like "god is an astronaut" and "65 days of static" and instrumental metal songs so I'm looking 4 post-metal bands...

Help pleaseeee :kickass:

it may have post metal influences, and may be loosely related to what the OP is looking for, but not really. though I highly encourage it.

Ya, it's a good album for sure. Probably my favorite overall from them but The Mantle has In the Shadow of our Pale Companion which is basically the sex.

Oh and I'm not really into Cult of Luna either, just listed them because they're pretty damn popular within the genre.

Neurosis pretty much created the sound of many of the bands listed and none have ever been able to top Through Silver in Blood, Times of Grace, Enemy of the Sun and Souls at Zero, so take that as you will.

Cult of Luna is third rate crap.

Neurosis pretty much created the sound of many of the bands listed and none have ever been able to top Through Silver in Blood, Times of Grace, Enemy of the Sun and Souls at Zero, so take that as you will.

Lol, not many bands in general have been able to top those albums.

I'm really digging Pelican now, I suggest downloading Australasia and the self-titled EP. I talked to one of the guitarists when I saw them with Isis, and he said they should be releasing a new full-length some time in the fall. Pretty stoked for that, considering Ephemeral was awesome.

Most bands classified as post-metal are just post-rock or shoegaze with heavy elements. But I suppose some crossover makes sense when there are bands that don't quite fit into those categories.

Pyramids self titled was one of my favourite albums of '08

Vanessa Van Basten also fantastic.

Mugstar have some moments of choatic, layered brilliance.

and then there's Habsyll drifting into droney noisey freestyle territory, while maintaining a crushing doom undercurrent.