Post-Progpower haul (Part X)

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
a few items I picked up just before, or while at the Progpower festival, or shortly after...

Anger As Art - Callous and Furor
Anubis Gate - Andromeda Unchained
At Vance - IIV
Circus Maximus - Isolate
Deadsoul Tribe - A Lulliby for the Devil
Deadsoul Tribe - The Dead Word
Deliverance - Stay of Exicution
Dimension - Ego
Evidence One - Critisize the Truth
Evidence One - The Skys the Limit
Evil Masqurade - Third Act
Hallows Eve - Death & Insantiy
Hallows Eve - Monument
Hallows Eve -Tales of Terror
Heart of the Sun - s/t
Internal Flight - Under the Sign of Will
King Diamond - Give me your soul…Please
Lions Share - Emotional Coma
Mekong Delta - Lurking Fear
Poverty's no Crime - Save my Soul
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime II
Raintime - Flies & Lies
Raintime - Tales from Sadness
Suspyre - A Great Divide
The Devin Townsend Band - Synchestra
The Flower Kings - The Sum of No Evil (ltd ed. 2 disc digibook)

I think I'm begining to catch up to some of the new releases.. but am still pretty far behind still. :Smug: So much good music, and so little time to enjoy it these days....

Very nice haul, I've got some of the titles on that list myself...my haul from ProgPower/afterwards:

After Forever - S/T (Ltd. Ed. Digipak)
Edguy - Vain Glory Opera (Japanese Import)
Empire - Hypnotica
Ensiferum - Victory Songs
Epica - The Divine Conspiracy
Evergrey - Live: A Night To Remember (2CD)
Finntroll - Ur Jordens Djup (CD/DVD)
Katagory V - Hymns of Dissension (which is kicking my ass! :headbang:)
Manticora - 8 Deadly Sins
Manticora - Hyperion
Morgana Lefay - Aberrations of the Mind (Ltd. Ed. Digipak)
(Morgana) Lefay - Symphony of the Damned (Re-Symphonised)
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
Pagan's Mind - Infinity Divine (Re-Recording)
Raintime - Flies and Lies
Sonata Arctica - Silence
Tarot - Crows Fly Black (Ltd. Ed. Digipak)
Therion - Live in Midgard (2CD)
Widow - Nightlife

Excellent haul!

I was looking all over for that latest Morgana Lefay album at the fest, but never found it! ...Pagans Mind re-recorded - Infinity Divine? Iguess I'm going to have to track taht one down too!

VERY glad to hear that your loving the new album! :headbang::worship:

Let's post and the most recent haul of mine:

Katagory V - Hymns of Dissension
Scanner - Scantropolis
Astral Doors - New Revelation
Astral Doors - Evil Is Forever
Steel Assassin - War of Eight Saints
Fates Warning - No Exit (re-issue w/bonus DVD)
Sieges Even - Paramount
Doomsword - My Name Will Live On
Wolf - The Black Flame
Icarus Witch - Songs For the Lost
Overlorde - Return of the Snow Giant

Yeah, the re-recording was released in 2004 and featured an excellent cover of King Diamond's "At The Graves".

I found my copy of Aberrations of the Mind at CD Inzane, early on Friday.

I was disappointed at not finding any Elvenking, though.

I was disappointed at not finding any Elvenking, though.

That's ironic, I just got the last two albums (The Scythe and The Winter Wake) in the mail today witha few other titles. I haven't had a chance to dive into them yet though. I wasn't a big fan of the album Wyrd, so it took some time for me to decide if I was going to get these other albums. But I figured I've give them another shot. I 'll be posting that haul in a few days...

Katagory V - Hymns of Dissension

:worship:notworthy:worship:

Scanner - Scantropolis

Believe it or not, this is my 2nd favorite Scanner album. Most Scanner fans HATE this album, mostly due to the use of an elctrric kit (which is noticebale with the hi-hat and dcymbals), elctronic/industrial overtones and the female lead vocalist. But for some reason I really LOVE it. It is pretty different from the past recordings, and I really miss Leo's vocals, but for some reason, the songswritting on this album just rules. Almost Alien and Turn of the Tide are some of the better songs, but Sister Mary just kicks total ass.

Have you had a chance to listen to it a few times? What do you think of it?

:lol:
I bought this because Leo (ex-Scanner) sings on this! I really like his vocal style... however, I'm not much of a Mekong Delta fan, but I had to get it f Leo was singing on it. that is strange you bought a Scanner album, and then a band that has Scanners ex-singer on it!

lol, the funny thing is that I bought "Scantropolis" after the new Mekong Delta album. And I haven't listened to it yet. :(

As for Mekong Delta, I thought that as you are a part of a band that plays technical metal, you would like them. I am a little surprised that you say that they are not your cup of tea.

lol, the funny thing is that I bought "Scantropolis" after the new Mekong Delta album. And I haven't listened to it yet. :(

As for Mekong Delta, I thought that as you are a part of a band that plays technical metal, you would like them. I am a little surprised that you say that they are not your cup of tea.

Actually, I do like Mekong Delta, it is just that I have to be in certain mood to listen to their music. :loco: Like right now, I am listening to the new album while I am preparing dinner, and so far, I think it is one of the best albums yet (again, having Leo on vocals really helps!) but I can NOT listen to it at work or when I am busy/stressed, I feel like my head is going to explode! :lol:

Most of the time I think MK's music is absolute tech-metal genius, then there are times I have to turn it off and avoid it for a while because it is to chaotic and drives me crazy. o_O I guess you could say that I have a love/hate relationship with this band.