Post-Progpower

Darrin

Zero Hour Forum Messiah
Nov 1, 2002
Palm Bay, Florida
Wooooooo!

Progpower was fucking brilliant and I don't think I'll be able to sleep for a week due to the excitement and horrible pains in my legs from bouncing around for 2 days. Yeehaw!

And now for my short review of Progpower:

Positives (+):

+ Seeing Troy my BROTHA and his lovely girlfriend who look so adorable together it's just sickening! Troy made my day - you RULE my man!! And Thanks for the Death Machine CD (throws it onto his Death Machine pile). Muahahahaha!

+ This should be in the first as well, but who cares? Seeing EVERGREY with Troy and having a blast while patiently waiting for the "Solitude*Dominance*Tragedy* songs to be played. I will forever laugh at my brotha as he was in the potty while the band played a crushing rendition of Solitude Within! \m/ Ask me how good it was Troy! HAH.

+ Symphony X - Absolutely blew my skull wide open. I am a lifelong fan now, no doubt.

+ Nightwish - Tarja....come to me...

+ Rage - Holy shit, I've been waiting since 1996 to see these guys and man, it was worth it. Even IF the drum/guitar solos took 20 minutes... Sigh. Still, was awesome.

+ Pagan's Mind/Redemption - Two great openers for each day. Both kicked ass and the members I met from each band were swell guys.

+ All the metal brothers and sisters I got to meet again and chat with. I really hated saying goodbye.

+ I got a bunch of kick ass band shirts and CDs. Woohoo. I still need a 4th Death Machine disc though...

And now.....

Negatives (-)

- No matter how many cool tunes I had in transit, 8 hours of driving each way sucks...

- Zero Hour nor Death Machine played at the event or the pre-party. I skipped the pre-party all together this year. Too noisy to talk to anyone and I don't drink so fuck it.

- No Jasun... hope you had fun at the US Open, brotha... I missed you immensely.

- Some fuckhead during RAGE decided to start a mosh-pit and ruin the fun for a lot of people on the floor during that show. I was in the stands and I found it to be a distraction even away from the action. The only redeeming factor about this moron is that he was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt and obviously liked Rage, so I guess he isn't all THAT bad...

- After 2 days of acting 10 years younger than I am, it's caught up to my body and ohhh the pain.

- It's over...... sigh.

---------------------

Ok, so it wasn't THAT short and I might have even ranted some... SUFFER ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

Hah! Hope everyone who attended this year's Progpower had as good a time as I did and let's do what we can to ensure next year ZH or DM is there and playing their asses off like last year. My dream is to hear the entire "Towers of Avarice" disc played live, so I'm going to do my part!

All the best,
Darrin (The ZH/DM Forum High Priest)

Doh, I forgot to mention another positive in my last post.

(+) Ralf Walter under the influence of alcohol taking his own money and buying me a Pestilence CD. How fucking cool is that? I don't know how much he'd consumed at that time but it was extremely awesome either way. I just hope he remembers, since he called me "Dennis"... Dude, the CD rules by the way and I just ordered "Spheres".

Thanks Ralf!

-Darrin

yes, glad to see Troy there and hopefully next year, there will be three other members of Zero Hour there, seriously don't think DM would work, even with this years inclusion of Mercenary. Wore my Towers shirt second night, and there were a few people wearing Zero Hour Shirts. ZH last year blew away this years first bands. I say, next year, ZH 3rd band 60 or 75 minutes!

Darrin KICK ASS as always and great to hear you had an amazing time at Progpower 4. I have to thank Darrin for everything on this board because he is the one to get us a ZH and DM forum. That would be great to have DM do Progpower or ZH if we are ready. We'll see what happens because it's not up to us. We appreciate all the support from everyone, YOU RULE!!! Troy said he had the best time and said everyone was so kick ass. I look forward to being there next year and want to thank everyone who emailed or post on the PM board saying they'd wish I could have made it. I can wait to see everyone as well, we are family what can I say.

YOU ALL RULE!!

Jasun/ZH