Post the most depressing songs you've ever heard, maximum 10 artists

off_beat said:
11) Requiem For A Dream music theme.

Agreed... everytime i hear the first notes of those last minutes of the movie i get chills, and my throats gets filled with knots...

I remember i felt so depressed after watching that movie for the first time and i will ever feel this everytime i hear the soundtrack.. even though it is my fave movie.

anyway am i wrong or that last part of the soundtrack was also used on the Lord of the rings the return of the king movie?.. i have just seen that LOTR movie once so i dont remember quite well, but im surei was like WTF at the cinema back then..

Exiled said:
Agreed... everytime i hear the first notes of those last minutes of the movie i get chills, and my throats gets filled with knots...

I remember i felt so depressed after watching that movie for the first time and i will ever feel this everytime i hear the soundtrack.. even though it is my fave movie.

anyway am i wrong or that last part of the soundtrack was also used on the Lord of the rings the return of the king movie?.. i have just seen that LOTR movie once so i dont remember quite well, but im surei was like WTF at the cinema back then..

I remember that I first listent this song in LOTR trailer, I think it was for the two towers (or return of the king), not sure. I could check the tracking list, but I'm too bored to do that.

coal chamber-my mercy
in flames-metaphor
of the wand and the moon-raven chant
lacrimas profundere-melantroduction
daylight dies-i wait
katatonia-d bonds

Here it goes, in no particular order (I'd prefer not to put any Katatonia song):

My Dying Bride:For my fallen angel
NIN:Hurt/And all that could have been
The Cure:Homesick
Anathema:A natural disaster
Jeff Buckley Dream brother
Héroes del Silencio:La chispa adecuada
Pau Casals:El cant dels ocells (it's only a cell song, but it's sooooo damnly beautiful!)
Opeth:Hope leaves
The 3rd and the Mortal:Salva me:cry:
Porcupine Tree:Collapse the light into earth

Well, I just listed one song for each of the bands below, but for most of them, especially The Cure, JD, NIN, Opeth and Swans, I could pretty much list their entire catalogue.

In no particular order:

The Cure - Figurehead
Joy Division - In a Lonely Place
Nine Inch Nails - Right Where It Belongs
Opeth - Bleak
Swans - The Sound
VNV Nation - Forsaken (vocal version)
Assemblage 23 - Disappoint
Diary of Dreams - Dead Letter
Dead Can Dance - Persephone
Katatonia - Leaders

Oh man, I love this thread. I love sad music SO much. I haven't seen much Swans being referenced on here, and I encourage everyone to check them out. They helped me through the worst time of my life when I was suicidal. Funny how sad music "helps" me in those situations. :D

-Isaac

Anything by Huey Lewis, it's depressing he even made music, much more depressing when you actually have to "hear" it on the radio.

-Willus

Slowdive - Losing Today
Katatonia - Quiet World; Journey Through Pressure
Dead Can Dance - The Host of Seraphim; Persephone
Unto Ashes - D'drennan
Cranes - Beautiful Sadness
The Smashing Pumpkins - Blank Page
Pivot Clowj - Love in Vain
John Tavener - Song for Athene
Zeromancer - Cupola
Virgin Black - Our Wings Are Burning; A Poet's Tears of Porcelain
Arcana - Angel of Sorrow (Yeah, this makes 11 artists...I know :oops: )
Low - Kind of Girl (And this makes 12!)

I have well over 400 albums, and I'm addicted to depressing music. This small list doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the "most depressing songs" I've heard.

i've got some other ones.
(s...lol thnx Dora ^_^ )Mad world the cover by Gary Jules. That song makes me want to kill myself (specially when i finished watching Donnie Darko)
Also the last song that Bjork is singing while executed in "Dancer in the Dark"
and 7 tears are flowing to the river-Nargaroth...although that song is a little to long

Katatonica said:
i've got some other ones.
sad world the cover by Gary Jules. That song makes me want to kill myself (specially when i finished watching Donnie Darko)
Also the last song that Bjork is singing while executed in "Dancer in the Dark"
and 7 tears are flowing to the river-Nargaroth...although that song is a little to long

the Gary Jules cover of that Tears For Fears song is Mad World

green carnation - the burden is mine... alone
porcupine tree - collapse the light into the earth

those are the most depressing (but excellent) songs i have ever heard. mad world is a great one too. love that movie. also the reqiuem for a dream song ppl were talking about a few posts ago. agree totally.

1.Deadhouse-Katatonia(still think is their best song!)
2.Anathema-Lost Control
3.My Dying Bride-The Deepest of All Hearts
4.Shape of Despair-Angels of Distress
5.Skepticism-The March and The Stream
6.Draconian-The Everlasting Scar
7.Lacrimas Profundere-Without
8.My Dying Bride-My Hope The Destroyer
9.Sentenced-Her Last 5 Minutes
10.Anathema-Violence
these are the only one the come in my mind right now...there are so many more...

björk - its in our hands, pagan poetry
arcturus - evacuation code decyphered
winds - theory of relativity (well that album of winds is definately "killing")
mono (jp) - 16.12
opeth - to bid you farewell

well these are some. there are a lot more of course not listed

Except Katat songs:

1 Orphaned Land - The Beloveds Cry
2 My Dying Bride - Black God
3 Novembre - Nostalgiaplatz
4 My Dying Bride - A Doomed Lover
5 Death - Voice Of The Soul
6 My Dying Bride - A Sea To Suffer In
7 On Thorns I Lay - Eden
8 Opeth - To Bid You Farewell
9 Anathema - Everwake
10 Lacuna Coil - Falling

Band: Isis
CD: Panopticon
Song: So Did We

If you don't know of this band, go hang yourself right now because you won't be able to handle them. (And don't say I didn't warn you...)