Post Your cd Haul 2005?

Umm, I think this is all I've got so far... I've started off light this year so far:

A Perfect Circle - eMOTIVe
Slayer - Divine Intervention
Bullet For My Valentine - Hand of Blood
Machine Head - Through The Ashes Of Empires

On Order:

Dream Theater - A Dvd, can't remember which one, should get that tommorrow actually.

Just oredered
Krieg-Black house
Nachtmystium-Eulogy IV
Mutiilation-Majestus Leprosus
Armagedda-The final war approaching
Moontower-Praise the apocalypse

speaking of the Estuary banner up there. I just picked up thier cd.
To Exist and Endure a very powerful melodic death metal cd with a female
vocalist that puts Angela Gossard and hell most male death metal vocalists to
shame and the musicianship on this disc is really tight! Saw them last saturday in
Frankilin In with my pals Legion and they crushed!! :headbang:

KMADD said:
speaking of the Estuary banner up there. I just picked up thier cd.
To Exist and Endure a very powerful melodic death metal cd with a female
vocalist that puts Angela Gossard and hell most male death metal vocalists to
shame and the musicianship on this disc is really tight! Saw them last saturday in
Frankilin In with my pals Legion and they crushed!! :headbang:

Indeed they do! I've been a fan of theirs for a long time. I've tried to spread the word around here about them, but no one really seems to care.

I made my first unexpected purchases at the Cryptopsy show on Sunday.

Wormed - Planisphaerium
Necrophagist - Onset Of Putrifaction (re-release)

For 10 and 12 dollars, respectively, from a local CD dealer that was selling stuff there. I wanted to buy one of the Martyr albums they had for sale there, being convienient since they don't sell from The End Records.....but my stinginess prevented me from paying $15 for it, especially after having bought the other things. I'll get it soon though....and hopefully both the last two Prog-Power bands will be announced tomorrow, so I can start buying things.

Somberlain said:
Katharsis - Kruzifixxion
Stutthof - Thy Astral Path
Astrofaes - Ancestor's Shadows
Tenebrae In Perpetuum - Onori Funebri Rituali
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends
Darkestrah - Sary Oy

What are your opinions (I have some, don't have others, just curious)?

Bywar - Invincible War
Deathchain - Deadmeat Disciples
Judas Priest - Angel Of Retribution
Iron Angel - Hellish Crossfire
Iron Angel - Winds Of War
Ritual Carnage - The Highest Law
Sacrifice - Torment In Fire

Gallantry over Docility said:
What are your opinions (I have some, don't have others, just curious)?

No problem.

Kruzifixxion is decent Darkthrone(era A Blaze in the Northern Sky/Under A Funeral Moon) worship with an overall hellish atmosphere. Not very original, but a worthy purchase. 8/10

I'm really enjoying Towards Thy Astral Path. It's subtley layered with beautiful keyboards and full of awe-inspiring melodies. Great stuff. 9/10

The Astrofaes, as I've seen you say before, fucking rules. I have Dying Emotions Domain and it's a huge improvement. 9.5/10

I haven't listened to Tenebrae In Perpetuum much, but it's generally melodic, sometimes melancholy black metal. They're obviously influenced by Burzum, but they've a fair share of differences and originality. 8.5/10

Forgotten Legends was an impulse buy, as I already have Autumn Aurora. So far I'm enjoying it a lot more. 8.5/10

Sary Oy really, really surprised me. I haven't listened to it nearly enough, but upon first impressions it is a godly work of atmospheric art. Brilliant riff-work, and the traditional instruments/keyboards bring about a similar feel to Goat Horns. Fantastic. 10/10