Post your collection.

kingdomgone86

Jan 6, 2010
A lot of collectors on this forum, I can tell. Here's my moderately small (in comparison, I'm sure) collection.

262876_10151166630203913_2045394603_n.jpg

I would need to post a video hahaha. It's spread across 3 rooms. but that is kick ass collection for sure!! i am loving the cassettes. I will take some new, updated pictures of my man cave and post them.

They are blurry, but gives you an idea. I have been collecting since i was 13 and had a brief destruction of several thousand CDs in 2005 when a fire destroyed my apartment. I made a nice recovery over the years which was definitely kick started by friends at all the record labels i talked to back then. Also was a plus that i managed a record store too. Yes, i am a hoarder. The room is secured by infrared lasers and guard dogs.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I'd like to be more of a collector than I am but economy is my enemy. Before my daughter was born, 9 years ago, this was not much of a hinderance. Right now I'm down to about 1500 cds I think. Instead of being a horder I've had to focus on perfecting my collection. Buying, trading and selling constantly. Works for me. Being a teacher doesn't exactly make me financially stable. I have a damn fine collection though :)

Awesome collections... :worship:
I won't post pictures... because I don't keep all the material in one place and because more or less all I have is 430 CDs+MCs+LPs... :lol:

I'd like to be more of a collector than I am but economy is my enemy. Before my daughter was born, 9 years ago, this was not much of a hinderance. Right now I'm down to about 1500 cds I think. Instead of being a horder I've had to focus on perfecting my collection. Buying, trading and selling constantly. Works for me. Being a teacher doesn't exactly make me financially stable. I have a damn fine collection though :)

i can relate. Since my daughter was born 18 months ago, i've been slowly ebaying my collection to keep our heads above water to suplement when the wife is on maternity leave. I've got another child coming in December and just bought a new house so i'm predicting my collection being reduced to about 500 pieces in the next year. Oh well, thanks to the digital age, I doesn't break my heart as much and my plan is to rebuy back the essentials at a much lower price (due to digital age take over) once the kids start school.

I can't remember in which topic I read it, but it's IT here, so I'll ask: some of you talked about sleeves that can be used to protect digipacks... I have some of them (I hate them but sometimes is the only package you can get) but I'd like to keep them safe from damages like vinyls... could you please tell me how to find them on Ebay or something like that? :confused:

I buy mine from Dusty Groove, the resealable ones. They carry some open top ones for larger multi-disc digipaks, unfortunately they don't have any resealable ones for the multiple disc ones though :( I asked.
Seeing as you're in Italy, I don't know where you'd find them closer to home. I'm sure Matt could point you in the right direction though :)

I get my bags from Bags Unlimited here in USA. I have found really nice open top sleeves for all my replica mini-LPs on ebay. Exploding Ned's might be able to help as well. He is a vendor and uses them too. I think the major issue is us being in USA.

Thanks guys, finding these sleeves was easier than I thought, now I must understand which ones I can use for larger digipacks (such as a cd+dvd edition and so on)...