Post your collection.

Well all my stuff is in boxes waiting to go on to the moving truck today. The girl who works for me has been cataloging my personal collection as I have been packing them and I believe she is somewhere around 7,000. This is not finished and doesn't include vinyl or bowsets, only CDs.
It has really sucked having to pack up all these CDs. It has allowed me to weed out a couple of things, mostly stuff for some strange reason I would have two or three copies of (and the exact same release) go figure. Also it is really making me reconsider a lot of stuff, mostly power/proggy stuff, some of it is just crap- now if I can only get rid of it.
Oh and are we just referring to CDs? I have a large collection of old rock/metal mags and zines, and old band shirts.

I think it'd be cool to post anything metal related that you have a cool collection of. Btw, check out Brian from Gutrot's Metallica collection. It's so stupid and big it has it's own facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/collectmetallica?fref=ts

That's just crazy....but very cool. I'd love to see more collections dedicated to just one band. didn't Kerrang have a feature like this years (decades?) ago?

This is most of it. I'll never match Matt or Jeremy on quantity, but hey, I'm proud of it.
Wall.jpg

I have a lot of my stuff blocked off so that my daugthers can't get to it (ages 3 1/2 years and 14 months), they can straight up destroy some shit. Not worth taking the chance right now.

If possible I'll pull down the barricades and snap a few pics. No real clue how many cds I have. Around 3,000 to 4,000 is my guess. I have weeded some out of late but I find myself getting plenty of stuff, especially all the great reissues coming out.

Get that kid away from Angra and towards some good stuff. You have some Manilla Road right?
My collection is still in boxs, well some of it. Strange how most of it fit on the shelves but now there is not enough shelf space.

Ah, that's a beautiful thing, J. Golden :D All of you guys with the super huge collections, love it. Digital album collections cannot compete with a nice physical library.

I've had to focus on perfecting my collection.

Yeah, I'm kind of moving in that direction. I will never, ever, ever have the kind of library Matt & Jeremy have. Ever. So, I've turned my attention to, as you say, perfecting my collection...going for quality over quantity. As it stands now, I've got roughly 500 pieces between CDs, box sets & DVDs. I made a list of everything I "need" in order to just fulfill select artist discographies and I've got at least that many more to get...so I'll be plenty busy.

Also, right now, we are planning on moving to a new house in 2013, so my stuff doesn't have a "home", so to speak...no lovely display shelves...just stacks of 30-count boxes (graciously donated my Matt).

On the positive side, my son has inherited my love of collecting...he's up to about 250 pieces or so counting CDs, box sets & DVDs...and that doesn't even count his DVD movies or video games.

Ah, that's a beautiful thing, J. Golden :D All of you guys with the super huge collections, love it. Digital album collections cannot compete with a nice physical library.

It's just to make up for a small penis; it was either this or a big truck, but I don't think either impresses the ladies. :D

Yeah, I'm kind of moving in that direction. I will never, ever, ever have the kind of library Matt & Jeremy have.

Sometimes, especially like when moving a couple of months ago it passes through my mind to just call someone to come and pick them all up. Who knows, catch me in the right mood... HAHA

Any size collection is a good collection in 2012. If you own CDs/LPs/Cassettes it's a great thing. Some of us have been collecting for longer periods of time. I started when I was 16 and I am 40 now, plus i worked in a record store for 15 years which helps (and hurts) too. ;)

I am working on getting all of mine (or most of it) in one room. DVDs are being condensed to spindles to make way for CDs that need to get moved downstairs.

I started about 17 years ago I guess; moved into CDs because there was one KISS album I did not have and I could only find it on CD. Since then it started to grow, got up to about 500 then lost most of them. I djed at Elon College when I was 17 and "acquired" a lot then. The collection started growing again then I discovered BBs and a pusher named Matt in the mid-90s. Well it started to grow even more rapidly. And now with the label I just get in way much stuff; the numbers and what are pictured never include those random 30 cnt. boxes that I have no idea what's in them.
It took along time to replace all the vinyl and cassette I had between the time I bought my first album until I was about 16, I prematurely got rid of them all never thinking how difficult they would be to replace on CD. So many records were sold of to Spike's Records and I pretty much gave the cassettes away. Most of it was hair bands, all the ones I would desperately search for years later. Well at the time my interest was more in the Sub-Humans than South Gang. It's funny when I think about how many times I have owned some of these albums and the different formats.

I didn't start collecting in earnest until 1998 or so, about the time I met Jeremy and rediscovered metal. I remember being so impressed when I had to buy a rack that could hold 100 discs. It's been downhill ever since!

I discovered BBs and a pusher named Matt

Haha, I met that shameless CD seller in 2000/2001 or something. Asked him why he had Blink 182 in the "Aggressive" section :p Pushed Daylight Dies' Idle album on me too so I bought it >_> Went by there quite a bit. Ugh, reminds me I sold my Castle reissues of the Iron Maiden catalog with the bonus discs. I wished you had talked me out of it Matt, but I think you were all too happy to get those :(

Started buying in uhhh, '87/88 I think. Had about 400 cassettes and eventually gave them all away to a dude I used to work with. First CD I bought was Maiden - Phantom of the Opera single, part of the first ten years deal. Anyway, I'm over 600 CDs at last count and need to expand my CD storage, blah.

Haha, I met that shameless CD seller in 2000/2001 or something. Asked him why he had Blink 182 in the "Aggressive" section :p Pushed Daylight Dies' Idle album on me too so I bought it >_> Went by there quite a bit. Ugh, reminds me I sold my Castle reissues of the Iron Maiden catalog with the bonus discs. I wished you had talked me out of it Matt, but I think you were all too happy to get those :(

Started buying in uhhh, '87/88 I think. Had about 400 cassettes and eventually gave them all away to a dude I used to work with. First CD I bought was Maiden - Phantom of the Opera single, part of the first ten years deal. Anyway, I'm over 600 CDs at last count and need to expand my CD storage, blah.

2001 i would have still had my Maidens with bonus discs I think. Might have lost them in my fire i would suspect. i have them back, but only the bonus discs. not sure where they came from. everything in the fire year of 2005 is fuzzy, what i got and where it came from. was just busy trying to replace all that was lost that i still find stuff i haven't got back. it's amazing.