Post your collection.

This is what I am "allowed" to have out in the open :oops: The rest is in my musicroom and in boxes here and there all over the house. I try to keep my "livingroom-collection" as varied as possible to accomodate both my own and my wife's tastes. When I'm in the mood for some Marduk I usually head upstairs into solitary confinement haha :lol: Kreator and such is okay downstairs as well though :p Oh yeah, I AM whipped :oops:

samling_zps8eb8abcd.jpg

This is what I am "allowed" to have out in the open :oops: The rest is in my musicroom and in boxes here and there all over the house. I try to keep my "livingroom-collection" as varied as possible to accomodate both my own and my wife's tastes. When I'm in the mood for some Marduk I usually head upstairs into solitary confinement haha :lol: Kreator and such is okay downstairs as well though :p Oh yeah, I AM whipped :oops:

samling_zps8eb8abcd.jpg

My wife no longer cares about having physical CDs. As long as she can have the music on her phone when she wants it, she's cool. She does most of her music listening on weekends on the back porch in her rocking chair, so she does a lot of that on YouTube (she loves the recommended list for discovering new bands...she's discovered things that even I have never heard of).

Nice shelf...

Well my wife doesn't really listen to "her own" music much. When she does, it's usually on her phone via Spotify. I think she has about 20 cds in total haha. She listens to my music of course, since it's on 24/7 basically. She likes having music on though and that's why I try to play stuff she can enjoy as well. When I feel the urge for early Carcass or Napalm Death I go into my own sanctuary and put on the headphones :)

samling_zps8eb8abcd.jpg

Very nice shelf. How many does it hold?

I love IKEA. I saw those towers, but I held off. I am really waiting to see how my next house situation turns out. What I want is a garage w/ a bonus room. The bonus room will be my music/collection/studio room.

Ah, I see it now. Do they bolt together? Because I could see that not working too well on a carpeted floor.

IKEA makes some surprisingly nice stuff. I always wreck my hands assembling it though.

Well you can bolt them to the wall. They have these metal "attachments" (can't find the word) you can use. They are included. As I have wooden floors I've never had to use them though.

IKEA has some good stuff indeed. Always a fuckin' pain to assemble :lol:

i have two of them i use in the corners of my cave. but i am debating getting some custom stuff built. not sure whether i want to pull the trigger yet or not. going to see how my DVD condensing project goes first.

Its always been my opinion that its quality over quantity. What good is having a ton of cds if you dont like them?

Very true! I buy tons of cds but I also sell plenty. If I know I'm not ever gonna listen to an album again it's out. I'm not a collector in that way. For me it's only about quality. The reason I still have a fair amount is that I have such varied tastes. Everything from Stevie Wonder to Marduk can find it's place with me - if it's good that is.