Post your hauls here

Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst (original)

Listening to it is incredibly nostalgic because:

1. I bought the re-recorded version a long time ago and most CDs I got during that era bring me nostalgia.
2. It has that early 90's black metal vibe, which is a very nostalgic sound.

And I like it more than the MMV version. :kickass:

In the past two months, I've bought the following:

Temnozor' - Folkstorm of Azure Nights
Brocas Helm - Black Death
Warning - Watching from a Distance
Pagan Altar - Lords of Hypocrisy
Doomsword - Let Battle Commence LP
Battleroar - s/t
Battleroar - Age of Chaos
Virgin Steele - House of Atreus Part I & II

I'm looking to buy some Holy Martyr stuff, so if anyone knows a good place, please share.

Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst (original)

Listening to it is incredibly nostalgic because:

1. I bought the re-recorded version a long time ago and most CDs I got during that era bring me nostalgia.
2. It has that early 90's black metal vibe, which is a very nostalgic sound.

And I like it more than the MMV version. :kickass:

I listened to a few samples of the original, and it just sounds to weak to my ears. Atmosphere is great, but powerful guitars are also a requirement, which the original lacks.

In the past two months, I've bought the following:

Temnozor' - Folkstorm of Azure Nights
Brocas Helm - Black Death
Warning - Watching from a Distance
Pagan Altar - Lords of Hypocrisy
Doomsword - Let Battle Commence LP
Battleroar - s/t
Battleroar - Age of Chaos
Virgin Steele - House of Atreus Part I & II

I'm looking to buy some Holy Martyr stuff, so if anyone knows a good place, please share.

The only thing you'll find is the new album, as the demos are long sold out...but I don't know where to buy it. I'm just waiting for ELR to get it in, but I doubt you want to be shipped from the US anyway.

Sometimes it's worth it to scrounge around the used bins.

Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics ($5 used, essentially mint condition)
Graveland - Impaler's Wolves
Graveland - Will Stronger Than Death
Hate Forest - Purity
Jethro Tull - Aqualung LP (used)
Raven - Stay Hard LP (used)
Yes - Yessongs 3LP (used)

I was amazed to find the new Graveland for only $12 at Vintage Vinyl, they usually charge $18 for No Colours CDs.

Just ordered:
Frightmare - Midnight Murder Mania
Gruesome Stuff Relish - Teenage Giallo Grind
WTN - Rotting In Pestilence

Sometimes it's worth it to scrounge around the used bins.

Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics ($5 used, essentially mint condition)
Graveland - Impaler's Wolves
Graveland - Will Stronger Than Death
Hate Forest - Purity
Jethro Tull - Aqualung LP (used)
Raven - Stay Hard LP (used)
Yes - Yessongs 3LP (used)

I was amazed to find the new Graveland for only $12 at Vintage Vinyl, they usually charge $18 for No Colours CDs.

Did you go to the one in Fords?

That's the only one, broheim. Independent record stores 4 eva.

Oh, and after examining the Graveland CD, it seems as though No Colours has gotten a good distributor now, which I must assume is responsible for the lowered price of releases. This is indeed very good news if they continue to use this distributor for their other releases. I forgot to check if they had the new Inquisition there though...

They always play gay as fuck music in there though. Great selection though, and every once in a while they have really great prices on certain things. Other times it can be a bit expensive. They average in the $12-15 range I would say. They have the first two Metal Church albums there for $7 a piece at the moment, so now would be a good time to pick those up.

VV has an amazing selection. Their staff is absolutly worthless, but its such a great feeling digging through that huge, unorginized Used section in hopes of finding a gem.

Latest haul from Amoeba Records:
Toxic Holocaust - Evil Never Dies ($10)
Mystic Forest - Romances ($5)
Helstar - Remnants of War ($8)
Fleurety - Department of Apocalyptic Affairs ($6)
Fleurety - Last Minute Lies ($6)
Windham Hell - Reflective Depths Imbibe ($10)

(and a Big Lebowski poster for $12...score!)

I could've done A LOT more damage. They had I Shalt Become, Dodsferd, and even a Root album on vinyl *expecting Dodens to yell at me*

great stuff. I'm especially excited at finding Fleurety and Windham Hell

So I run in to Vintage Vinyl to pick up the Lunar Aurora album that I hid in the shelves that I neglected to buy the last two trips I took there, and then on a whim I decide to check out a bit more of the used vinyl section that I didn't see the last time. Some good stuff there, all between $2 and $4: very nice. And so as I'm walking back around the shelves, I see When The Kite String Pops staring at me from the used CD shelves, mint condition just like I found Paegan Terrorism Tactics on Saturday, only this is only $4 instead of a whopping $5. So I've managed to get both Acid Bath albums for $9, mint condition. Then I come home and I find my friend's Thrash Metal band's demo in the mail, Eliminator. In sum:

Acid Bath - When The Kite String Pops
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers LP
Eliminator - ...Will Kill You
Emerson, Lake, & Palmer - Works Volume 1 LP
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play LP
Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood LP
Jethro Tull - Stormwatch LP
Jethro Tull - The Broadsword And The Beast LP
Lunar Aurora - Ars Moriendi
Rush - 2112 LP