Post your hauls here

I randomly bought this cd because the cover art looked like my computer wallpaper. Do you know of any similar ambient albums cause I'm a newb in that genre?

This was a completely blind purchase to be honest. You probably know more than me about the genre, as things are. So I can't be of much help to you, I'm afraid.

Wasn't expecting to see that here!!

And this also happens to have been another blind purchase. But oh well, at least it still turned up here though, eh? :p

The Ozzman said:
Where did you get Tonight's Decision?
I know that Peaceville has the re-issue (with bonus tracks), if you're interested in that.

Oh, and I accidently left these off the list:
Opeth - The Roundhouse Tapes
Dark Sanctuary - De Lumiere Et D'Obscurite [Peaceville Re-Issue]

good job on the last three!
Cheers mate. Still waiting for my Voivod, Trouble and Puissance albums to arrive. They had to special-order them so it may take some time.
Also ordered from Tower Records:

Gentle Giant-Octopus
Van der Graff Generator-Pawnhearts

I've never listened to anything from these bands, but heard only good things about them, so I thought I'd try them out.

Geist ist Teufel.

Its decent I guess.

Is that the one that's mostly ambient or is it more guitar-based? I've got Verräterischer, Nichtswürdiger Geist and it's got 4 metal tracks that are very very good. However, more than half the album is straight orchestral arrangements which are cool, but I would have liked more metal, especially with those captivatingly unique vocals.

Is that the one that's mostly ambient or is it more guitar-based? I've got Verräterischer, Nichtswürdiger Geist and it's got 4 metal tracks that are very very good. However, more than half the album is straight orchestral arrangements which are cool, but I would have liked more metal, especially with those captivatingly unique vocals.

Its much more mixed,including the orchestral arrangments and with the guitar-based sound. I am not liking the production. It could of used a but of a cleaner sound. Its much better than most BM these days. One of the few modern BM bands that are doing something different and pushing the limits, which is something I respect highly.