Post your hauls here

Almost every band that has ever recorded anything has a myspace page, so downloading is largely irrelevant.

The Mp3 format is shit! It doesn´t come anywhere near the cd, let alone the lp format! Buy your music! Physical copies are so much more value for money than fucking mp3´s! What happens if you get a virus? I´m glad I´m 900+ cd´s past viruses!

k, that's the weirdest anti-downloading argument I've ever heard, but whatever.

On a whim I went and scoured the massive used section at the local record store and extracted a rare diamond from the rough:

Unleashed - Across the Open Sea (org) - $5

I had the opportunity to pick up an original of Across The Open Sea for $5 about a month ago, but I passed. I did pick up originals of the first two albums, but I regret passing on that one now. I could have gotten rid of the two-in-one of Shadows... and Across... if I got that.

The used section is one of the things I hate about our Vintage Vinyl. (The spine of the CD faces the side so you have to physically flip through each CD to find out what it is. The used section is also large enough to make finding good albums a time consuming and tedious task.) Princeton Record Exchange, despite having a much smaller used section, is much better because of its efficient setup. I've found Satyricon, Slayer, and Gorgoroth discographies there.

I hardly ever waste my time in the used section. Where is this Princeton Record Exchange?

I hardly ever waste my time in the used section. Where is this Princeton Record Exchange?

Rt. 206 south, left on Rt. 27, first left after second traffic light.
287 or 78 would probably be the easiest way for you to access 206.

Check it out if you're in the area, but a road trip might not be worth your time. Their new metal section contains (very roughly) about 1500 CDs, and their used metal section is of equal size. So the selection is largely composed of more mainstream-underground bands. They do carry a lot of vinyl, but I've never checked any of that out.

If you knew the store you would realize that the used section in Vintage Vinyl is shit.