Post your hauls here

That's funny because The Red In The Sky Is Ours was pretty fucking groundbreaking at the time and the band's earlier work in polyphonic harmonic interplay is pretty much second to none in their field.

Oh, I'm not denying that they were influential or that other bands copied them, it just sounds so familiar & the song writing has yet to really greab me. It's probably not my thing, but I will keep coming back the them. I have a certain style. I listened to "With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness" & I don't think I liked it as much as the other two. "TRitSiO" is definitely my favorite so far.

In preparation for seeing them in two weeks...

Rotting Christ - Theogonia

I might also be seeing them. I'm going more for Immolation and Gravehill (kick-ass local death metal group), though, I'm not too familiar with Rotting Christ other than Theogonia and Passage to Arcturo.

Today's purchases:

Cannibal Corpse - Kill
Decapitated - The Negation (RIP Vitek)
Murder City Devils - Empty Bottles, Broken Hearts

My Wedard and Thy Majestie CDs came in the mail, along with some fairly fucking large Nominon circular stickers...put one on my laptop, saving the other one for when it is necessary.

Also just ordered Calmsite - Elvisdeath.

EDIT:

Also just won a fucking picture LP copy of Devourment's Butcher The Weak. How insanely brutal. 10 bucks total? Kickass...

I might also be seeing them. I'm going more for Immolation and Gravehill (kick-ass local death metal group), though, I'm not too familiar with Rotting Christ other than Theogonia and Passage to Arcturo.

Today's purchases:

Cannibal Corpse - Kill
Decapitated - The Negation (RIP Vitek)
Murder City Devils - Empty Bottles, Broken Hearts

Gravehill rules.

Arrived in the mail today:

The Matt Parsons Band - Alas, Tyranny

From that guy who posted a thread about the demo awhile ago. It's pretty good, actually; any of the rest of you who requested it given it a spin?

I did, and it's fucking solid for a one man symphonic blackened death demo. It definitely has its ups and downs coupled with a lack of focus. While listening I find myself thinking x was good, so rather than abruptly switching to y you should have used y to expand on x. I'd like to hear more blackened production as well. That said, I will keep an eye on this guy in the future.

Yeah I liked what I heard from it, I have the CDr but haven't given it a proper listen. He needs a new project name first of all, but the production is rather ridiculously good.

Just ordered a ambient/neofolk/noise haul from CMI:

bastard noise / christian renou - brainstorming CD
nova - utopica musa CD
subterranean source - vivid circles CD
des esseintes - on off 7"

Not really heard anyone of them but 1 euro each warranted an impulse order. :p

I got that Matt Parsons CD awhile back.

oh and today I got my CD from audiophileguy

Sadus - Chemical Exposure. this fucking kicks ass!