Post your hauls here

went to Amoeba the other day

Primordial - Redemption at the Puritan's Hand
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Zero Hour - Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond
Mgla - Presence
Tenhi - Maaaet
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists...
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yangui U.X.O.
Django Reinhardt - Best of

Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme
In the Woods... - Heart of the Ages
Kvist - For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike
Sort Vokter - Folkloric Necro Metal
Tartaros - The Grand Psychotic Castle
Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp

^ Which ones?

The first few I got for just over $20 each. They're all originals including the Varathron CD, but that one cost me like $35. I'm not sure of the exact value of these all but I would imagine I saved a few dollars here. I've been feeling nostalgic lately and I've been spending more of my money on older black metal than anything recent. I think I have a fairly good collection going at this point. :)

Stuff from SKR & importcds.

001-3.jpg

Benediction - Transcend the Rubicon & The Dreams You Dread 2CD
Hail of Bullets - ...Of Frost and War
Vomitory - Terrorize Brutalize Sodomize
Vomitory - Blood Rapture
Vomitory - Revelation Nausea
Tombs - Path of Totality
Ghost - Opus Eponymous
Darkest Era - The Journey Through Damnation
Nehëmah - Requiem Tenebrae
In Solitude - In Solitude
In Solitude - The World. The Flesh. The Devil
Isen Torr - Mighty & Superior
Doomsword - Resound the Horn
Doomsword - Let Battle Commence
Doomsword - My Name Will Live On
Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend 2CD
Reverend Bizarre - II: Crush the Insects
Reverend Bizarre - III: So Long Suckers 2CD
Black Oath - Black Oath
Black Oath - The Third Aeon
Revelation - Never Comes Silence
Revelation - Release
Pagan Altar - The Lords of Hypocrisy
Orodruin - Epicurean Mass

Maybe the time has come where I have gotten old, but I don't know where you guys find the time to listen to all this stuff. I find it pretty hard to take in more than one or two albums a week, and most of the time I don't care to put in the effort and I just spend that time on stuff I got familiar with during college, when I did have all the time in the world.

When I buy multiple items at once, there's a fair chance some of them won't get serious attention for at least a month, and sometimes they slip through the cracks entirely.

Maybe the time has come where I have gotten old, but I don't know where you guys find the time to listen to all this stuff. I find it pretty hard to take in more than one or two albums a week, and most of the time I don't care to put in the effort and I just spend that time on stuff I got familiar with during college, when I did have all the time in the world.

When I buy multiple items at once, there's a fair chance some of them won't get serious attention for at least a month, and sometimes they slip through the cracks entirely.

It's something I struggle with a bit too. When I first started buying CDs, I would typically buy one CD every month or two. This would allow for plenty of time to get to know the album. I would also read band interviews regarding the album so I could develop a better understand and appreciation for the music. I felt that this was very important.

However, these days I do put pressure onto myself to buy more. You can save money this way, if not on buying more items than certainly on shipping so that's one incentive. Also, a lot of times I've missed opportunities by not buying something when I saw it cheap, and ended up kicking myself because I can no longer find them as cheap. At least if I've got it, I won't have to worry about obtaining it in the future and my 'wantlist' won't seem so endless.

I also like having a nice collection of albums to choose from. It's no problem if I don't know every album inside out because it only means that next time I listen to a particular album, I'll likely uncover things that I had missed on first listen. If an album really captures my attention, then I'll listen to it a lot.

Either way, I feel overwhelmed because either I've got a lot of music that I need to listen to, or because there's a ton of music out there that I've been neglecting because I'm still playing the same choice albums.

Cheap-ass haul:

War For War - War Is The Only Way
Flame of War - Transcendence
Witch Tomb / Martyrvore
Scrambled Defuncts - Pre-Natal Whittling EP
Alienation Mental - Ball Spouter