post your pic.....

I have only just started listening to them (I figured if everyone on the Katatonia forum loved them they must rule) and have been slowly becoming addicted. :headbang:
They are a band very prone to get obsessed about (is that correct English?).

For me it really started when the Deadwing album came out. They are also very bad for your wallet.

On topic, having dinner with colleagues a few weeks ago:
l_1ef44639b8518fb2d1b3136f6a6f3f5c.jpg

that whole song is pure and utter dynamic pwnage though. I usually dont like overlong songs but that one seems like its over in 4 mins
I find alot of Porcupine Tree songs feel short. When I first got Deadwing I Thought Arriving Somewhere But Not Here was 4 minutes, until I looked at the song time. Before that if some one had told me it was even 5 minutes long I would not have believed them.
For me it really started when the Deadwing album came out. They are also very bad for your wallet.
This past tour was about $800 bad for my wallet, and I didn't even by merch or alcohol. In September I do it all again except swap PT for Opeth.

cool photo...

I find alot of Porcupine Tree songs feel short. When I first got Deadwing I Thought Arriving Somewhere But Not Here was 4 minutes, until I looked at the song time. Before that if some one had told me it was even 5 minutes long I would not have believed them.

I suppose that's really the best grade a progressive band could get since most bands do repeat the hell out of riffs and such to achieve those long songs. PT probably pulls it off since their long songs are more about overall mood and atmosphere than sheer riff quality. That last calm part in "Anesthetize" always seems to come to fast for me

This past tour was about $800 bad for my wallet, and I didn't even by merch or alcohol. In September I do it all again except swap PT for Opeth.

cool photo...
It's amazing how dedicated some fans are, especially in countries where distances are huge, like the US and Australia. Makes me realize every time how spoiled we are here in Europe, especially in a tiny country like the Netherlands..

I'll be seeing Opeth at least 2, but probably 3 times this year and that excludes the Melloboat performance.

And thanks!

It's amazing how dedicated some fans are, especially in countries where distances are huge, like the US and Australia. Makes me realize every time how spoiled we are here in Europe, especially in a tiny country like the Netherlands..

I'll be seeing Opeth at least 2, but probably 3 times this year and that excludes the Melloboat performance.

And thanks!

Are you going to the Symforce thing in Tilburg? I would love to go: Opeth and Pain of Salvation as co-headliners is amazing!

They are a band very prone to get obsessed about (is that correct English?).

On topic, having dinner with colleagues a few weeks ago:
l_1ef44639b8518fb2d1b3136f6a6f3f5c.jpg

You look a lot like one of my Dutch friends. *tries to find a photo of him and fails* I can definitely see why PT are a band you can be obsessed by. Only been listening a week and they are 2nd on my lastfm list.

Do any of you guys listen to the prog band Devil Doll from Italy/Slovenia? They are my biggest obsession other than Katatonia. Guess it is more classical type stuff though.

this pagan thing made from old dead tree
DSC00890.jpg

That carving is great!

You look a lot like one of my Dutch friends. *tries to find a photo of him and fails* I can definitely see why PT are a band you can be obsessed by. Only been listening a week and they are 2nd on my lastfm list.
Just a matter of time till they're #1 ;)

BTW, do you have some Finnish roots or something, cause your username and also your surname (saw it on Last fm) have a Finnish sound to them.
Do any of you guys listen to the prog band Devil Doll from Italy/Slovenia? They are my biggest obsession other than Katatonia. Guess it is more classical type stuff though.
Heard of them and also listened to them once or twice, I should give it some more attention.
yeah! of course. it was crazy night in Saint-Petersburg. :kickass:
Haha, cool, the match was broadcast live here too because Zenith has a Dutch coach and a Dutch player, was great to see them win. I was amazed to see the mayhem this victory unleashed all over Russia.

Just a matter of time till they're #1 ;)

BTW, do you have some Finnish roots or something, cause your username and also your surname (saw it on Last fm) have a Finnish sound to them.

Yeah my family are Finnish. I have dual citizenship with Finland/Australia so I can live where ever. I used my Finn passport to live in NL for 2 years. In Groningen. Was back there in March. Had a great time being back there.

Well if you need any Devil Doll, let me know ;) It is like I am a Devil Doll junkie, I try to get everyone else hooked too!

Yeah my family are Finnish. I have dual citizenship with Finland/Australia so I can live where ever. I used my Finn passport to live in NL for 2 years. In Groningen. Was back there in March. Had a great time being back there.

Well if you need any Devil Doll, let me know ;) It is like I am a Devil Doll junkie, I try to get everyone else hooked too!

Did you go to Groningen to study? I have a friend who is currently studying Finnish in Groningen, because that is about the closest to where I live where you can study the language at a university level :)

Did you go to Groningen to study? I have a friend who is currently studying Finnish in Groningen, because that is about the closest to where I live where you can study the language at a university level :)

No I just lived there for fun. Studying drinking beer and how to ride a bike :kickass: I did notice it was pretty much a student city though. Last time I went was just for a visit. Hadn't been for 2 years and the guy in the alcohol shop came up to me and asked me where I had been. :oops: