post your pic.....

those are terrific glasses! I'm going blind too, years of painting will do that I guess
IMG_0662JPG0jpgw.jpg

:Smug:

I actually found out yesterday that I am going to possibly go blind :( Have to get more tests in another city.

15601354255.jpg

huh, that's me

Nice :)

I went to Ypres, Belgium last weekend with ma baby. We visited some WW1 sites, very interesting.

Cloth Hall in Ypres.
l_42e8397d14ee414f869d5f6225e17ca9.jpg

Trenches of Hill 62/Sanctuary Wood:
l_156fd49531d34364a452c9cfacfe8138.jpg

Tyne Cot Cemetery, largest (as to number of graves) military cemetery in the world:
l_1a7d556e37864481897c6eb35b420a76.jpg

l_9dbb2297bbff4f47826aff4803c6f242.jpg

Having a "Satan's" cocktail:
l_8040f5e4eca2410aad392bd54af9320b.jpg

Monday morning on the beach of De Panne:
l_094f89cf51824056a6b6922a02602560.jpg

Trenches of Hill 62/Sanctuary Wood:
l_156fd49531d34364a452c9cfacfe8138.jpg

Tyne Cot Cemetery, largest (as to number of graves) military cemetery in the world:
l_1a7d556e37864481897c6eb35b420a76.jpg

l_9dbb2297bbff4f47826aff4803c6f242.jpg
I went to those places (and several others) on a school history trip to belgium/france 2 or 3 years ago. Some of the cemeteries are way impressive, if not a little creepy. Its quite thought provoking though, to be surrounded by so many of those little white headstones. There was also a very solemn German cemetary with a mass grave in the center of it, that (along with 3 others we went to) were hidden away in forests and had a really still and quiet feeling about it, pretty suitable I guess.

Looks like loads of fun. Trips are the best :)
Indeed they are :) Next month we're going back to Bruges and in September to London :) September 2010 we want to 'do' Western United States, the national parks etc.
I went to those places (and several others) on a school history trip to belgium/france 2 or 3 years ago. Some of the cemeteries are way impressive, if not a little creepy. Its quite thought provoking though, to be surrounded by so many of those little white headstones. There was also a very solemn German cemetary with a mass grave in the center of it, that (along with 3 others we went to) were hidden away in forests and had a really still and quiet feeling about it, pretty suitable I guess.
When we were at Hill 62, several coaches with English schoolchildren arrived and departed there :) Same thing at the Menin Gate in Ypres, many English folk attended the daily Last Post memorial ceremony there.

And yes, the cemeteries we visited (Sanctuary Wood and Tyne Cot) were very peaceful indeed.

Er, at risk of sounding like a complete tit, how do you pronounce that? :oops:
E-pray..? :err: I thought an English person would pronouce it as I-pres or I-pers something.. Since I read the British soldiers called in Wipers during the war. So I'm not really sure, the Dutch/Flemish pronounciation (and spelling) is Ieper and that's pronounced e-per.
On another note: it's me, just last Tuesday!

001C.jpg
You look a bit tired :zombie:

E-pray..? :err: I thought an English person would pronouce it as I-pres or I-pers something.. Since I read the British soldiers called in Wipers during the war. So I'm not really sure, the Dutch/Flemish pronounciation (and spelling) is Ieper and that's pronounced e-per.You look a bit tired :zombie:

Well that's the French pronunciation and I speak French, to an extent. In English a lot of French words are pronounced the same way they are pronounced in French. Obviously there are exceptions but I have never known Ypres to be pronounced differently by someone whose first language is English. Then again, I don't hear most people talk about Ypres very often. :lol: Also in French words that have S at the end of the word, the S is silent a lot of the time.

Then again, I don't hear most people talk about Ypres very often. :lol:
Exactly why I had to ask. I've seen it in print so many times, but have yet to hear someone say it. I could think of about a dozen possibilities (starting with a Welsh "Uh" to a Yip or Yee, and pray, prays, prees, pree, etc). I'd hoped someone who'd been there may be able to solve it for me. :loco:

E-pray..? :err: I thought an English person would pronouce it as I-pres or I-pers something.. Since I read the British soldiers called in Wipers during the war. So I'm not really sure, the Dutch/Flemish pronounciation (and spelling) is Ieper and that's pronounced e-per.You look a bit tired :zombie:

Should be a short "pray" then... I guess if you describe it with dutch I would write the pronunciation like "iepre".
Describing with english it would probably sound logical like: e-pre (pre as in PREferably)

Hai btw! i'm new to this forum but i've been a huge Katatonia fan for ages ;]. just didnt know bout this hothothot forum haha.

itsa me. ;D
633459886_5_7QOv_2.jpeg

ms. 4 eyes lol.
545447311_5_yGGj_1.jpeg

ofc i have a katatonia shirt!
675622044_5_lBTV.jpeg

creepy me ^^
460761033_5_APAL.jpeg