post your pic.....

That is awesome man, congratulations. Sounds like a big accomplishment. I'm an undergrad majoring in psych right now. Not quite sure what I want to do after I graduate..

Yeah, unfortunately, if you want to work in the Psych field, you'll need at least an MA/MS. A BA in the social sciences is basically the equivalent of a high school diploma these days.

When I'm full of Patrón, I can accomplish any task. I do my best work, both academic & in da club, while krvnk. If I'm going to have to work anyway, I might as well do something intellectually challenging that pays well enough to let me do whatever I want to do (you know, like rent a party bus on a whim whenever I feel like it) when I'm not at work. Compartmentalize your personal and professional lives well enough and you can always live as an unholy king on both sides of the fence.

Yeah, unfortunately, if you want to work in the Psych field, you'll need at least an MA/MS. A BA in the social sciences is basically the equivalent of a high school diploma these days.

I know. Haha. I have worked in the Wilderness Therapy field (wilderness rehab programs for troubled teens) in Utah and Oregon, and this summer Georgia. The therapists at those programs don't need more than a MA and they can make up to 80 grand a year. I'm thinking of going that rout, or a similar clinical rout. But I don't even really believe in therapy at all. I hate it, in fact, but I LOVE helping people, so there's the irony :)

I know. Haha. I have worked in the Wilderness Therapy field (wilderness rehab programs for troubled teens) in Utah and Oregon, and this summer Georgia. The therapists at those programs don't need more than a MA and they can make up to 80 grand a year. I'm thinking of going that rout, or a similar clinical rout. But I don't even really believe in therapy at all. I hate it, in fact, but I LOVE helping people, so there's the irony :)

Yeah, that sounds like it'd be a really rewarding career if you enjoy working with wounded birds on an individual basis. I could never go the clinical or counseling route, as I'm sure I'd show up to work drunk looking to fuck with people, and I'd try to push my weakest patients into killing themselves for my own sick amusement. :kickass:

Or, maybe I'd just take them clubbing and show them how to channel their innermost hatreds and sicknesses into totally sexual dance moves. I think Kevin's friend Bryan had such an epiphany the other night. Just look at the dude's grin in those photos, haha! I'm sure that next time he goes out clubbing, he'll be breaking bottles of his own piss over the heads of all other clubbers who'd dare challenge his Big Dawg Status. I'm hoping that spending a few hours clubbing with me will serve as a watershed moment for him.

Yeah, Industrial Psych. I have a background in employment law, personnel selection, training and development... That sort of stuff. For my internship, I analyzed the Navy's cognitive and performance tests for pilot selection for psychometric bias against protected groups. I start work there as a regular employee on Monday!

How is Industrial (and Organizational I'm assuming) Psych? I'm majoring in Psych and am considering taking the I-O Psy class sometime, but sadly the only teacher that teaches it seems to get bad rep.

And how much will you be making?

My MA is in I/O Psych, but I tend to prefer stuff on the I-side (e.g., statistics, selection, employment testing, law... not consulting, team development, and the like). I'd suggest taking the overview course, even if the professor gets a bad rap. What do other students say about him/her? It was my experience as an undergraduate that the professors who were complained about the most were generally the ones that did not simply dole out A's for showing up, actually wanted to teach something, and expected students to actually earn their grades. This class will probably be much different from most of your other major coursework, and you'll probably be surprised by how broad the field is. There's a good chance it will more closely resemble a management course than a typical psychology course.

I'd rather not discuss the specifics of my salary, but lets just say that I'll be making considerably more than the average starting salary of ~$40k. I did intern for this company for 6 months and I do have 7 years of management experience (I kept a 3.85 GPA while working full time and partying overtime), so it's not exactly like they're getting some unproven Lil Dawg.

Spawning my Kata Beard
25397_413406863922_758448922_5112530_4073885_n.jpg

Some Prague pics.

My girlfriend and me @ Old Town Square:
IMG_0460.jpg

Arriving at my friend's wedding:
IMG_0497.jpg

Otto, Nienke and me having cocktails:
IMG_0499.jpg

Us and Prague in the background:
IMG_0520.jpg

After all the formalities, time for party :)
IMG_0535.jpg

Final groupshot of our Czech friends and us:
IMG_0548.jpg