post your sexy pics here

My hair is a serious problem with jiu-jitsu. I can deal with it right now, but if I actually get to the blue belt level I'll be deeply committed, to the point I think that it's in my own best interest to not have my hair getting in the way of it all the time. I might actually make it part of the event of getting my blue belt. If I tell all my teammates and coaches about this idea, I won't be able to back out when they surprise me with my blue belt. i dunno, maybe I'm just looking for a reason to cut it at this point.

My hair is a serious problem with jiu-jitsu. I can deal with it right now, but if I actually get to the blue belt level I'll be deeply committed, to the point I think that it's in my own best interest to not have my hair getting in the way of it all the time. I might actually make it part of the event of getting my blue belt. If I tell all my teammates and coaches about this idea, I won't be able to back out when they surprise me with my blue belt. i dunno, maybe I'm just looking for a reason to cut it at this point.

Fat chunky braid in the back.

Get it all bundled/braided/whatever like some badass warrior.
Like Celeste Morne
15006.jpg

I was watching a Gracie video at the dojo the other day and they were showing clips of Kyra Gracie (female black belt! <3 <3) and she had these sort of ear guard things that had a net wrapped around them that she kept her hair in. I just held it in close to her head like a pair of nylons would. That's totally what I need but I don't know what they're called or where to get one :(

kyra.jpg

So heres something that will surprise you: I took karate for 8 years until I was 15 and actually made it to black belt. Granted, I probably only earned up to a Brown, since the sensei stopped trying shortly after that and decided on focusing on personal fitness training for rich housewives. In the 5 years since then I'm sure I've lost all skill, probably couldn't beat up anyone nowadays. But back then I was pretty badass. I didn't really get picked on as a kid even though I was extremely nerdy and pretty small because all the other kids in school knew I could kick their ass, after proving it once or twice. :kickass: it was fun, sometimes I wish I hadn't stopped. But I have no discipline now.

So heres something that will surprise you: I took karate for 8 years until I was 15 and actually made it to black belt. Granted, I probably only earned up to a Brown, since the sensei stopped trying shortly after that and decided on focusing on personal fitness training for rich housewives. In the 5 years since then I'm sure I've lost all skill, probably couldn't beat up anyone nowadays. But back then I was pretty badass. I didn't really get picked on as a kid even though I was extremely nerdy and pretty small because all the other kids in school knew I could kick their ass, after proving it once or twice. :kickass: it was fun, sometimes I wish I hadn't stopped. But I have no discipline now.
I remember your karate pic ;) And I bet you'd be surprised if you tried to do some karate again. I'm sure you'd remember a lot more than you thought you could.

In jiu-jitsu, the belts work a bit differently. There are only 5 total (white, blue, purple, brown, black) and to get each one takes years of commitment. On average, blue belt can be earned after a year and a half to two or even 3 years of marked, steady improvement. It's all up to your teacher when you have earned the promotion. It's an unwritten rule in bjj that earning a black belt requires no less than 10 years of solid improvement/

So, my hair still has years left, because it will be a very long time before I get my blue belt haha.

l_bd8f84fc2d6016290d31949e56d08590.jpg

When pugs attack

l_f7849104b132a57ba9d329f3402aa171.jpg
This is outside my office at district headquarters. Kind of ironic, because I really don't ever hace time to relax

l_b0fddafd344b8e34f4ea97d77d8ec3dc.jpg
every rose does have its thorn.
l_a454aba6ab6ab5b469265c7de7b30dfd.jpg

My mario kart ranking. No big deal, im like 3rd in the world :lol: