post your sexy pics here

....oh yeah, I started skating with the local Roller Derby team. No, I am NOT on the team, and not planning on being a part of it, but I know a lot of their members and players so I get the benefits of practicing with them, learning all the tricks, and getting amazing exercise without making the commitment..
It's such a great work out!! 3 hours straight skating, 3 times a week.. whoa!
LOVE IT!

skate_1.JPG

....oh yeah, I started skating with the local Roller Derby team. No, I am NOT on the team, and not planning on being a part of it, but I know a lot of their members and players so I get the benefits of practicing with them, learning all the tricks, and getting amazing exercise without making the commitment..
LOVE IT!

skate_1.JPG

Oh yeah!!!!

LOVE IT!

skate_1.JPG
Well hello there.

Thanks guys :)
Yeah, it's awesome! It makes me feel as exhausted after practice as I feel after skiing (which is the best feeling in the world)
Your body REALLY works, for 3 hours... it feels great!
I'm not really into the 'roller derby' sport per se, not sure if it's for me or not, but for now, it is so much fun to practice with the team and be on the track 3 times a week :kickass:

Skating is fun fun fun. I've been wanting to go to the skating rink for a lonnng time now :(

For my bday I had to choose between skates or a bike, and at the time I thought a bike would be more useful. However, I am getting myself some skates for Christmas (inline skates, because they're easier to control). Then I'll be hitting up a couple of parks in my city that have fantastic trails, and I shall skate with nature! Hopefully I just won't fall over any railings and into a river :loco:

That being said, I could never do roller derby either...to me there's always been something trashy about it. Although, it does seem that there's a whole new generation of it starting now, and more normal people getting into it. Not just out of shape, bitchy women wanting to be tough anymore.

^ yeah, the team I am training with is a co-aid, so we have some pretty awesome men there as well. But I know what you mean with the trashy aspect of it... The girls and guys I know from the team (that got me into it) are all awesome and great, but on other teams there are some... how should I say it... FAT and bitchy gals.. I guess it's just the way with roller derby?
I'm just loving the exercise, but I doubt I'll ever be into the 'toughness' and all the injuries and all that crap...

ct_thrash said:
Skating is fun fun fun. I've been wanting to go to the skating rink for a lonnng time now :(

For my bday I had to choose between skates or a bike, and at the time I thought a bike would be more useful. However, I am getting myself some skates for Christmas (inline skates, because they're easier to control). Then I'll be hitting up a couple of parks in my city that have fantastic trails, and I shall skate with nature! Hopefully I just won't fall over any railings and into a river :loco:

Yes. Get some inlines! Fun as hell.
Been skating for 18 years. Still love it. Skating in the dark sucks though

Indeed! I was a pretty avid inline skater as a child. Never could get the hang of regular rollerskates, and after I nearly suffered a concussion from falling backwards on my head, I decided to stick with inline skates. They really are much easier to skate in. Heck, you can even walk in them.

I haven't been on skates in 20 years... In fact, I remember turning 11 years old and my mom asked me if I want new skates for my birthday because my old ones were too small, and I told her I was over it.
Two months ago, when I put skates on for the first time after all this time, they felt so weird but somehow everyone on the Roller Derby team said I have a natural talent for it.. I learned stuff that take most people months in a just a few weeks... I think skiing has a lot to do with it.. while skiing and skating are two different things, I think it helped with the stability, leg muscle, and coordination.. I dunno.. but it's fun fun fun!

I have never really done inline skating! Been on them ONCE in my life in LA, years ago, and they felt awesome. I agree that they do feel like they might be easier, but if I remember I wasn't all that great on them :lol: