post your sexy pics here

isis-taylor-2.jpg

:)

Imperial measurements are still the shiz in Britain but my time living on the continent has given me a healthy respect for metric.

Which is superior.

Metric is just so much easier and makes so much sense. However, it's not used like imperial and it should be, imo. Imperial measurements usually use smaller numbers (again, usually but not always) for measurements, weight, etc., and metric can just be confusing. Do you have a 16 gallon fuel tank or a 42.3 liter tank? Same with distance. We go from cm to meters...how about some middle ground here? I am 185 cm tall...or about 6 feet. How about weight? We go from gram to kilo...where's the middle ground? About half a kilo? 953 grams? 428 grams? Can we simplify this a bit more?

The thing is, for most of these examples there IS a middle ground, it's just either unknown or completely unused in the metric system.

In the US we don't use stones, either...just pounds.

Yes but they're rarely used, if ever. The only time you hear a hectogram around here is when someone orders a hectogram of prosciutto LOL.

The sexy Swede didn't divide his 180 cm up into deca or hecto, did he? It's because we tend to use centimeters instead. Like I said, metric makes so much more sense and would be even easier to use if people would break down the numbers more. I think that's why Brits and Americans tend to gravitate towards the imperial system. It's confusing as hell and makes no sense at all, but numbers tend to be smaller and more easily digestible. Usually.