Potential Job Offer: Mix 6 Songs

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yo...
I'm looking for a possible "ghostmixer"
I've got this project lying around for some time now that got delayed cause the band's contact was sluggish...
so now I don't know how to fit it in my schedule within the next 3/4 of a year but I'd like to get it off my chest...

the guitars are reamped (not the best sound though), drums are edited.
the recording quality is rather poor, but it's somehow usable...
the budget is rather small (but it would be a paid job).

this for now is just a feeler-thread, but what I can tell already is that only ONE person will get the job (if anyone wants it at all, lol), I won't upload the files so everyone can have a shot.

as I said, the budget is tiny, but perhaps someone wants to do it anyways....

some more info:

drumediting is done, mic and trigger trakcs available.
Reamping done (not a good sound though cause of the untight playing etc) - reamps and DI availiable
Mostly distorted guits, some clean bits also, female Vox

I'll reply to some PM tomorrow or just post in this thread....have not 100% decided yet whethe rI'll be giving this one away at all, but thank's for your offers so far.....more info tomorrow

Lasse, i sent you a PM but your pm box is full, so i sent you an e-mail. I am interested in doing this in the studio i work on. If you want to, i can send some samples of the studios we're doing in there. Ivan

cool, thanks for all your offers and PM.....

some more info:

no deadline, but "the sooner the better"....
the vocals are really not on pitch, but I've already told the band that they can't expect me to correct them for that money, so it's essentially a "slide the tracks in and mix" job.

the guitars are reamped, but the playing and the DIs are pretty poor, so the sound isn't really good.

the job would look like this:

mix one song, send it to the band, wait for comments, correct if neccessary. once that song is done all the songs have to be done accordingly, then send them all to the band for song-specific comments...change and correct accordingly, done.

my concern atm is that if it's not done to the end I'd have to start from scratch again....so atm I'm trying to find out if anyone hypothetically would be willing to do all that within that budget.

Pro Tools not mandatory, I'd supply all the Wavs and a midi for the tempo

lemme know if you need someone. I'm sure most of the other people on here would do a better job than I would, but if they get too busy, or the budget is too small for them, I'd be down to give it a shot. maybe you should post a link for everyone with the files to 1 song, and see who gives you the best mix...?

Hey Lasse deine PM-Box ist wohl voll.
Würde das gerne machen, du kennst ja meine Arbeit vom Mastering was du für mich gemacht hast...

Do we need to master the project too?
cheers

no competition, only one person will get the files.
I don't wanna support this "post everything and everyone will do it for free" vulture-ism on this forum :)

although the budget is small I don't want anyone to do unpaid work.

Lasse, as I said before and on the e-mail i sent you, I am willing to do this. I don't really bother even i need to re-do the mix a billion times, so yo don't have to worry you'll have to re-do everything for the beggining. Hell, i can even tune the vocals :)