Poulin le456 amp sim test. Pretty impressed!

briggz22

Raptor Jesus LOL
May 29, 2008
Melbourne
I Downloaded a bunch of free amp sims that I hadn't ever used before such as the Nick crow sims and the solo C etc and found that my favourite of the bunch was the Poulin le456. It just seems to be more "in the ballpark" straight off the bat than the others. This is a quick little demo i whipped up so please excuse the sloppy playing (this is basically the first riff that popped into my head). It doesn't have any bass on it. From memory i didn't really do much to the guitars other than HP/LP. There is a loudness maximizer is on the master.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9402073/Poulin le456 demo trim.mp3

I think with a bit of tweaking some really good tones could be had. Let me know what you think!

Sounds really cool...
i really like the drums as well.. bring them up just a tad maybe?
one thing though.. the guitars sound massive.. but do they leave enough space for a bass?

I agree, it's a killer amp sim, I'm guessing you used the hi-gain channel with the bottom and focus switch on? The bass knob tends to be a bit sensitive and very boomy with the bottom switch on, and your guitars sound, like kramer said, massive.

Yeah I think the Bottom switch was on. I haven't had a really good play around with it yet so I'll give it a try without the bottom switch. Maybe taking that off with leave some more room for bass.