Power Quest - 1 week until the studio

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Press Release

POWER QUEST Blood Alliance news

Just a week to go now until Power Quest return to the studio to record "Blood Alliance", the follow up to 2008's "Master of Illusion". All songs have been selected and a couple of the titles are "Rising Anew" and "Time to Burn". There will be 9 songs on the album proper with 1 bonus track as well. The band plan to have recording wrapped up during the first week of October.

PQ main man Steve Williams commented, "I don't actually ever recall being so excited about an album as I am about Blood Alliance. I just can't wait for everyone to hear it!"

Recording will take place at Foel Studios in Wales (http://www.foelstudio.co.uk )which has seen many famous artists work there over the years including Paul Rodgers, Napalm Death and the Wildhearts.

The album photo shoot has already been completed, as has a set of pictures for press and promotional use. Dijana Capan was the photographer and she has delivered a look that is different to any PQ photos in the past! You can check out a preview pic from the photoshoot at www.myspace.com/powerquest.

Power Quest is:

Chity Somapala - Vocals
Steve Williams - Keyboards
Andy Midgley - Guitars
Gavin Owen – Guitars
Paul Finnie - Bass
Rich Smith – Drums

Further information on: http://www.myspace.com/powerquest or
http://www.power-quest.co.uk
Label: Napalm Records, www.napalmrecords.com
For PR and interviews, please contact: Andy@napalmrecords.com
For booking, please contact: Anett@redlionmusic.de
For management and all other enquiries please contact: Manuela_rock4success@gmx.com

Swansea? No way.....just down the road from where one of our guitarists lives!

Yeah, to say we were gutted to be denied visas for last year is a HUGE understatement......would have been one of my career highlights for sure!

Swansea? No way.....just down the road from where one of our guitarists lives!

Yeah, to say we were gutted to be denied visas for last year is a HUGE understatement......would have been one of my career highlights for sure!

Small world!
Yes, I spent most of 1998 living in Swansea and going to what was at the time the University of Wales, Swansea. I think now it's just Swansea University.
I had a great time. There was this club called "The Zone" that once a week hosted a metal/industrial/goth night. Little hole in the wall, but lots of memories there. I wonder if it's still around...
Anyway, by "just down the road" do you mean Port Talbot, Bridgend, or (heaven forbid) Cardiff. :)

That's actually were I got the AC2 moniker. In my flat at Hendre, there was a local guy named Christian. The other American guy whose place I took was also named Christian. He was refered to as "American Christian". That being my name also, I was "American Christian: Two", or AC2. And now everyone knows... :)
~Christian

That's actually were I got the AC2 moniker. In my flat at Hendre, there was a local guy named Christian. The other American guy whose place I took was also named Christian. He was refered to as "American Christian". That being my name also, I was "American Christian: Two", or AC2. And now everyone knows... :)
~Christian

I always wondered what your moniker meant. Now I know - thanks! :cool:

I always wondered what your moniker meant. Now I know - thanks! :cool:

Haha! No problem. I'm not so much a "man of mystery" as my 7 years worth of board membership and measly 48 posts would indicate. :)

You coming down this year? Would love to chat again. I'm running solo this year (and have an extra ticket) since my friend had to bail.

Small world!
Yes, I spent most of 1998 living in Swansea and going to what was at the time the University of Wales, Swansea. I think now it's just Swansea University.
I had a great time. There was this club called "The Zone" that once a week hosted a metal/industrial/goth night. Little hole in the wall, but lots of memories there. I wonder if it's still around...
Anyway, by "just down the road" do you mean Port Talbot, Bridgend, or (heaven forbid) Cardiff. :)

~Christian

Port Talbot dude!

Nice story on the moniker too! that's awesome!

Port Talbot dude!

Nice story on the moniker too! that's awesome!

Sweet. Ya, I could always see the fires burning in Port Talbot from across the bay. :)

Anyway, just read about all the lineup changes. Wow. This new album is certainly going to be different, but different can sometimes be awesome. Looking forward to it.

Oh, and whoever did that "misheard lyrics" video you've got posted, well, damn! That's funny stuff! Probably the best done misheard video since Nightwish's Wishmaster.

Agreeing with 7thSaviour, can't wait until a US tour.

Cheers.

Yeah, I've been through the mill a little bit with line up changes over the past 12 months, and a couple of false starts with replacements, but the guys in the band now are really giving it 150% and the new material is just sounding so damn catchy in rehearsals!

Oh yeah, it was one of our forum regulars who did the "misheard" lyrics thing.....still makes me smile now and the first time I saw it I almost fell off my chair laughing!

Indeed......a visit to the US is long overdue I believe!