Power Quest at PPUSA X.....help us choose the setlist!

how are was gonna please everyone?

by playing "Save The World"....:heh:

Sometimes the world can be so blind
Can't see whats right before their eyes
and just deny that they can see things changing
dance to the beat of a different drum
imagine where it all went wrong
and try to prove that they just want to save the world!

...such a great song!!:headbang:

This is going to be very interesting to put together....how are was gonna please everyone? hehehe! We'll do our best!

Well, if you want to please the majority....here's the voting situation right now (includes all votes + "+1" style posts). So based on having time for 7 songs, you guys should play the ones in Bold + one song from the ones in Italics

For Evermore: 10
Cemetery Gates: 9
Far Away: 6
Temple of Fire: 6
Find My Heaven: 5
Sacred Land: 5

I Don’t Believe in Friends Forever: 4
Save the World: 4
Soulfire: 4
When I’m Gone: 4

Diamond Sky: 3
Human Machine: 3
Another World: 2
Children of the Dream: 2
Edge of Time: 2
Hearts and Voices: 2
Hold on to Love: 2
Master of illusion: 2
Never again: 2
Save the World: 2
Strikeforce: 2

Tied with 1 Vote:
Gates of Tomorrow
Galaxies Unknown
Never Again
Into the Light
Nevermore
Neverworld
Follow Your Heart

Steve, et al ...

This is what I would do if I were you:

Cemetery Gates (opening) (brief pause)
Temple of Fire (no gap between this and next song)
Soulfire
-talk to crowd-
Far Away
For Evermore (keep pause brief here)
Diamond Sky
-talk to crowd again here, say a few cool things, but don't stop the music, keep the keyboards going and go right into ...-
Neverworld (closing song)

You don't have time to mess with an encore, just play your whole set and we'll be left wanting more ... because you guys are awesome!

Now here is the deal - when you play NEVERWORLD, you have to be sure you get the entire piano outro going and you guys come and do your "Thank you ProgPower, we will be back!"/joint bowing during the outtro but you have to leave BEFORE it finishes so that the last piano chord hits us with an empty stage. THAT WOULD BE SO F**KING AWESOME, I WOULD DIE!!! :headbang:

Gee, I haven't put a lot of time into this or anything, have I?

I love you guys!
Nathan

Nathan,
A little creepy, but I certainly appreciate and share your enthusiasm of this band!

ROFL! As do I, I was reading your comments earlier in this thread and it seems we are definitely on the same page when it comes to PQ. I hope to see you on the rail alongside me for this incredible set.

In another life, I would have been a band frontman, so I actually spend waaay too much time thinking about good opening songs, crowd banter, crossovers, lead-ins ... it's almost an obsession.

Nathan

Steve, et al ...

This is what I would do if I were you:

Cemetery Gates (opening) (brief pause)
Temple of Fire (no gap between this and next song)
Soulfire
-talk to crowd-
Far Away
For Evermore (keep pause brief here)
Diamond Sky
-talk to crowd again here, say a few cool things, but don't stop the music, keep the keyboards going and go right into ...-
Neverworld (closing song)

You don't have time to mess with an encore, just play your whole set and we'll be left wanting more ... because you guys are awesome!

Now here is the deal - when you play NEVERWORLD, you have to be sure you get the entire piano outro going and you guys come and do your "Thank you ProgPower, we will be back!"/joint bowing during the outtro but you have to leave BEFORE it finishes so that the last piano chord hits us with an empty stage. THAT WOULD BE SO F**KING AWESOME, I WOULD DIE!!! :headbang:

Gee, I haven't put a lot of time into this or anything, have I?

I love you guys!
Nathan
I love your setlist and ideas here, Nathan! I will see you up by the barrier for PQ's set!:headbang::kickass: