PQ at PPUSA.....help us pick the set!

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
I was talking with some of the band last night and we thought it would be cool to see what you guys would like us to play at PPUSA this year.

We've got 45 minutes......so that should give us 7 songs by my reckoning!

Let's hear your thoughts guys......we are opening the event so we need to make an impression! hehehe!:kickass:

Well, I think opening with CEMETARY GATES is mandatory, no, as you are supporting MASTER OF ILLUSION? Also, killer lead off track.

How about this:
CEMETARY GATES
HUMAN MACHINE
TEMPLE OF FIRE
FOREVERMORE
SAVE THE WORLD
SOULFIRE
FIND MY HEAVEN

Is there still a plan for more gigs in the USA? If there's only gonna be one show, then maybe a spread of tracks from across all of the albums, greatest hits as it were (as it'll be the first time American fans will be able to see the band llive!). Also, should probably only be people going to PPUSA who get a say in this, so i'll stop there!

In no particular order, except for the first and last songs:

Cemetery Gates
Find My Heaven
For Evermore
Strikeforce
Master of Illusion
Diamond Sky
Neverworld

Hard to choose, as there are so many great songs but you want to make a really good impression at the festival... go with your gut feelings, Steve!

edit: and it would definitely be nice to see US tour dates this year, haha... I second Chicago!

Nah, I'm about two hours south, in Rantoul (just about 15 minutes north of Champaign), but that's not a terribly bad drive for a concert.

In No Particular Order:

Cemetary Gates
Find My Heaven
Hold On To Love
Save The World
Master of Illusion
Far Away
Temple of Fire

If you can have more, then add:

Edge of Time
Glory Tonight

That would be my dream set-list!!

:headbang:Kieran:headbang:

In no particular order....

Cemetary Gates

Strike Force

Temple Of Fire

Find My Heaven

Master Of Illusion

Soulfire

Never Again

Recieved a mail last night confirming i got a gold badge pass for PP USA. :p Really looking forward to September.:headbang::kickass:

see what you can do with Cemetery Gates, Human Machine, Master of Illusion, Civilised, The Vigil, and Save the World ( yes that's alot to choose from but those are the most important songs off of MoI to me)

but it should go something like:
MoI song
Temple of Fire
Edge of Time
MoI song
For Evermore
Galaxies Unknown, Another World, or Children of the Dream (dunno :rofl:)
Neverworld

Nah, I'm about two hours south, in Rantoul (just about 15 minutes north of Champaign), but that's not a terribly bad drive for a concert.

Yeah, I know Rantoul well.
I went to school at U of I.
I used to go to that pawn shop there pretty regularly in the 90s to purchase gear.

Yeah, I know Rantoul well.
I went to school at U of I.
I used to go to that pawn shop there pretty regularly in the 90s to purchase gear.

Wow, really? That's awesome. I'm going there in a couple years, after I take a break from high school and do community college for a while. The pawn shop's got some great gear every now and then, don't go too often though.

oh and as for Power Quest, I second the motion to play Edge of Time :lol:

Great to hear your thoughts guys......as for Edge of Time......we have played that at EVERY show we have ever done I think!
There have been a few mentioned that we have NEVER played before so it's going to be interesting.....4 albums into 45 minutes, plus we will have finished the new album by then although it won't be out

Wow, I didn't expect For Evermore to be that popular. Have you rarely played it live, Steve, or is it just one of those staple setlist songs?