PQ Press Release January 10 2013

Hi guys

Thank you so much for the wonderful sentiments expressed through your comments here on the forum. Really means the world to me that PQ means so much to you all as well. I must apologise if any of you feel that I have let you down by taking this decision. It is something that I have wrestled with in my mind for a number of months and was not an easy decision to make.

Obviously it’s a different scenario for me than for the other guys in the band these days. After all, they have only had 3 years of the Quest so in many ways it is harder for them but having said that the band has been my life for so long it will be very strange to move on without it later this year.

I intend to keep the forum up and running for as long as it is wanted by you all. It’s 10 years old itself I believe now and has always been the heart and soul of the PQ world and is frequented by some of our most loyal fans, many of whom I’ve been fortunate enough to meet in the flesh on at least one occasion down the years. It’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know you all.

We will endeavour to make sure that the last few PQ shows are the best ones to date….you can count on that without question.

As for the future…….I’m sure I won’t be away for long. I remember after the Dragonheart/Dragonforce days I thought I would stay away from the music scene. That idea lasted about 6 months…and here we are 12 years later almost at the end of another chapter.

Again, thank you all so much my friends. You are all part of the PQ family and you are the best people I could ever have asked for to follow the Quest.

Yours in music

Steve x

Colin here. Thanks so much to all of you for your comments, it means a lot!

Nobody rides for free! Unless you have big CD sales, it's not easy for a metal band to survive outside of mainland Europe. In mainland Europe you have easy access to the main touring routes and venues, and you can tour and do merch.

I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm gutted that you can't find another way of making things work out, but so be it.

As my brother said when he sent me the press release link, "Power metal took a huge blow today :/"

Hey guys,

It's really heartwarming to hear your thoughts and sentiments - I'd just like to personally thank all of you forum members for your exceptional support and loyalty towards PQ over the years.

Being in Power Quest has always been much more than just playing in a band - anyone here will know it's one great big family. Ever since I joined the band back in 2009, I instantly felt welcomed and at home being a member of the Quest which is a true testament to our fans. It might sound cliché but like Steve has always said, PQ has some of the most loyal and dedicated fans out there.

Not only have I had the privilege of playing with who I consider to be some of the finest musicians in the scene but I've also met so many cool people along the way. I'm sure this won't be the last time you hear from each and everyone of us so make sure to keep your ears/eyes peeled!

Andy

I'm already following Steve & Andy, but if any more of you guys have a Twitter or similar that you regularly update I'd love to hear about it so I can hear what you guys are getting up to. Perhaps a little list would be cool? :)

This is all happening a bit fast. One doesn't go from a decade long wild ride to a grinding halt without taking time to recover and process.

Finding it hard to accept this is real, if I'm honest, but I truly appreciate Steve's words, Colin's and Andy's, the whole band's response has been comforting. As have all the sentiments from the upset & reminiscing fans.

BUT I still have a lot of questions. Understandably this has been a black day and tough for all concerned so maybe it's best to let the dust settle while Steve & crew are inundated by fans...but could there be a forum Q&A or something at some point? So many questions for such earth-shattering news.

it has been the most incredible time with PQ. these messages are so touching also as a fan and not only a member i am devastated. i will always believe in Power Quest. thank you steve and thank you to all the amazing fans.

Sad news indeed, but I totally understand where Steve is coming from.

Steve has lived and breathed PQ for a long time, and I know it will leave a massive gap in his life. Most people don't understand how much time, effort, luck, perseverance and sweat it takes to even put on a gig in a small venue in the UK, let alone write, record, release albums of the quality people expect. ...And you get to pay for it all as well! That Monday morning when you go back in to work after a couple of weeks on tour and people say 'nice holiday..?' You cannot even begin to explain!

I feel proud that I was able to help out in a little way playing bass on the Master Of Illusion tour in the UK in 2008, and although I haven't spoken with Steve for while due to my business and family commitments, I do follow the Quest, and I wish everyone in the PQ family all the best.

My money is on Steve not staying away from music for more than a month :)

Jon

I'm just as shocked and let down as everyone else, but honestly, Steve, if it's what you want I'm happy for you. If I were you, I probably would've ended the band after the post-MoI split. After such a successful career, Steve you deserve the best.

Dom.....absolutely mate. A forum Q and A or something along those lines is a pretty cool idea actually.

Volcane.......great to hear from you dude, hope you're well :)

I really appreciate everyones words here, as I've said before.....makes me very proud of what we have achieved over the past 12 years.

As a fan I still feel sad about the news. But I think I'm also in shock! In truth, it will take a while to sink in. I mean, we have more shows to look forward to, rehearsals, so for us... the quest is still going on!!

But after the last shows and the last practices with these guys then... well, cross that bridge when we come to it eh?

I've had such an awesome time in the band. I came in and was very quickly accepted as if I had been there all along by both the fans and the other dudes in the band - I quickly felt at home! It's almost a family type thing in PQ in many respects. And live, it's easy to stand on the shoulders of giants I guess, going out performing material from all these awesome albums and playing with seasons performers really made me up my game! It will be like starting from scratch again after PQ ends...

Of course this is major suckage, but I do understand Steve's decision. I'm sure most of you do too, not to mention the other guys in the band. It's just not feasible anymore. That said, we have been given so much during the years, and for that I am grateful. Five great albums and a lot of exciting live shows (unfortunately I never got the chance to see the guys play live, but we'll always have the YouTube videos). I was even fortunate enough to meet Steve W. once, and maybe there will be more occasions in the future. In that sense, the Quest will ALWAYS go on!

So thank you to Steve, Andy, Gav, Paul and Rich, as well as former members of the band for your contributions during the years. Those of us who have followed you along the way have been fortunate. May the future bring you pleasure in ANYTHING you endeavour to do.

I'm not one for long speeches or sentences in general. Even when it is something I'm completely invested in I can't say I'm really a fan of writing. This being said I would have felt absolutely terrible not saying anything towards the Quest in appreciation to everything they have done for the fans and newcomers as a whole. Steve, Power Quest is one of the only bands where I can say I like all of the albums of and it is without a doubt in my top 10 favorite bands in no particular order. Neverworld has so much positive emotion to were it feels like generic power metal, but the arrangements are so original in regards to the notes and just the whole vibe sonically. When I first showed Edge of Time to anyone I knew the first thing they thought was "That sounds like Van Halen!". I myself knew what they meant, but because of the vibe of the previous songs and the ones to follow as well, I had never received that vibe at all when listening to it (maybe it's because of the tempo as well lolidontknow:rofl:).

Anywho, I'm going to work in half an hour so to make it all short I need to say: Power Quest, you are more than inspiration to me, it's terrible to hear that have to go away (though every time I spin your records the Quest goes on in my head), good luck to everyone who participated in making the albums, and God bless.

I really hope to hear about the guys' musical plans. I can tell Andy and Gav especially are gonna go places, it would be awesome if they ended up in another band together/formed their own project! :D

I really hope to hear about the guys' musical plans. I can tell Andy and Gav especially are gonna go places, it would be awesome if they ended up in another band together/formed their own project! :D
I truly agree with that, it'd be awesome. Though I'd like to see Steve in his own project more than anyone else in PQ.

Hi all, Paul here. Thanks for all the kind words, it means a lot to us all, particularly Steve. It's been an absolute pleasure being a member of PQ, even in the pre bass playing days when I was helping Steve out with the touring. I have wonderful memories that will stay with for evermore ;) I have worked with some of the finest musicians on the planet in this band and I look forward to watching them grow in the metal scene and get the accolades they deserve.

Big thanks to all the amazing PQ fans, you guys are the reason that Steve kept going all this time. Your loyalty and dedication to the quest has made it worthwhile for not just Steve, Rich, Andy, Gav, Colin and I, but also for Alessio, Andrea, Francesco, Steve Scott and other past members. I hope I get to meet more of you at the final shows (fingers crossed that these can happen).

My biggest thanks has to go to the person that we all know is Power Quest, Steve, I love you bro. You made a lot of dreams come true. A true musical talent in a World dominated by those willing to sell their soul for a sniff at the arse end of the business. You did it your way bro and because of that you have kept not only your own integrity intact, but also that of the metal genre. The Quest will always live on!

Very sad news, had the pleasure of seeing you guys over in Belgium at PPMFest last year and it was excellent. :)

You will be missed. :(

Wow, week late to the news and the only way to take it was to instantly stick some PQ on.

9 and a half years as a fan and with that time we got 5 of the very best, uplifting and life-affirming albums anybody should be pleased to ever have to listen to, unfortunately they never received the mass appreciation they should have deserved.

I only managed 4 shows in that time, but thoroughly enjoyed every single moment of them. Will definitely have to make it to at least one of the last gigs, I think we all agree a extra super long set is needed.

Many thanks to all those you have been involved in the Quest throughout the years, but especially the main visionary Steve Williams.

All the best for the future and while I can still listen to the music, the Quest will go on!