PQ Press Release - Guitarist Wanted!

Over the neck tricks generally shouldn't be followed by "OGHAOGIAG" of strings. Not a fan of maniacal out-of-key shred on solos, either. I guess that's what the big deal with Temple of Fire is.

Well, 5/5 for a solid attempt at Temple of Fire, that solo is annoying to play haha. Im probably going to stick some Power Quest covers up myself soon, just made a backing track for Far Away and Temple of Fire, but im going to leave Temple of Fire till I have the solo perfected haha :headbang:

With the closing date tomorrow....I have selected 7 guys from the many applicants we have received from all over the world. I'll be contacting these dudes in the next day or so with the list of 4 songs to learn for the audition. Was originally going to be 3 songs......but we decided to raise the bar! lol!

With the closing date tomorrow....I have selected 7 guys from the many applicants we have received from all over the world. I'll be contacting these dudes in the next day or so with the list of 4 songs to learn for the audition. Was originally going to be 3 songs......but we decided to raise the bar! lol!

goodluck to the applicants. :headbang:

From all over the world, eh? Will they meet the requirement to be able to practice with the band on a regular basis?

Looking forward to which of those guys is gonna be the lucky one :) Perhaps you can get us some youtubes of them performing the 4 songs at the audition? :D

I'm curious about these! Do you already have a preference of any sorts?

Raise that bar as high as it will go. The better the lucky applicant the better all round. PQ do not do half measures. Bickers, Sam, Andrea and Bill are hard acts to follow.

Well you know me Dom, I don't do half measures when it comes to guitarists! lol!

I've selected a few different styles of players for the audition and the songs that they will have to learn will reflect that. Shredding is only part of the deal......a sense of melody and emotion in their playing is vital, as is the right personality.

Well you know me Dom, I don't do half measures when it comes to guitarists! lol!

I've selected a few different styles of players for the audition and the songs that they will have to learn will reflect that. Shredding is only part of the deal......a sense of melody and emotion in their playing is vital, as is the right personality.
That's EXACTLY what I want to hear! Shredding's all well and good when you can make it interesting, but there are many a robot out there who think you can sacrifice the choice of notes for the amount of them!

agree! technical skills are important but can always be further developed - imagination/creativity & commitment to the band are crucial :p

The majority of the audition candidates were selected based on their playing and their own compositions that were submitted. Now it's time to see how they translate to the 4 songs chosen from the PQ back catalogue. To make things interesting I've chosen one song from each record.

The majority of the audition candidates were selected based on their playing and their own compositions that were submitted. Now it's time to see how they translate to the 4 songs chosen from the PQ back catalogue. To make things interesting I've chosen one song from each record.

make sure that that the 4 chosen songs doesn't have a tablature out on the net :heh:

haha i'm kidding. goodluck to the candidates though :kickass: