PQ Press Release - Guitarist Wanted!

A tab transcribed by ear will never be 100% correct. The ones for guitar pro are often pretty accurate in terms of guitar, but are a bit ropey for keyboards and drums.

That's the beauty of learning learning something by ear anyway. Those "mistakes" turn into your own interpretation and style within the song. Unless they are way out, of course!

If any of the applicants need to use tabs to learn the songs, then they don't have the musical ear to be in the band anyway. It might be worth taking note of the anomalies in the tabs and listening out for them on audition day to make sure nobody's been cheating!

I think they would have had about 2 and half weeks dude. The songs that have been selected for the audition are

Edge of Time
Power Quest (part I)
Find my Heaven
Human Machine

thanks a lot dude! that's a pretty fair timetable for those guys.

great choice of songs, especially human machine :headbang:

Auditions this Sunday....unfortunately one of the candidates has had to withdraw for personal reasons but we still have a few guys to check out this weekend. Needless to say I won't be rushing into a decision on this. If the weekend doesn't throw up the ideal guy then so be it.

that's a great news dude :headbang:

was the audition intense? and, was it more a 1 on 1 thing, or more casual like auditioners gathered around?