PQ Press Release January 10 2013

Guys we've both been absolutely floored about this news and feel absolutely gutted that it's come to this. Power Quest have always been and will always be our favourite Power Metal band and definitely one of our top 5 bands of all time and all genres, honest!

You guys have given us so much joy with your music over the years and so much fun with your shows. You're all super cool guys who have been so good to us and always made us feel welcome in your company. We class you as much as friends as we do people we admire so much musically and hope to see you all again out and about. There will always be a pint at the bar for you guys whenever we see you, so don't be strangers and keep in touch.

Best of luck to you all for the future and you know the Quest never dies so you're not really calling it a day, you're just having a rest until the right time comes for you all to come back and show them all what a real treasure you are in the Power Metal crown.

Cheers!

Barry & Linda

(p.s. Linda sends you all a big glittery bear hug and says just because you're not in the band any more doesn't mean you can escape her grip if she spots you in the crowd!)

As always Power Quest and Steve's words have a way of relating to real life, at Power Quest's split so many lyrics seem to speak about the Quest coming to an end:

"Tonight is when you go away
I hope I'll see you soon someday
Candle flickers in the corner of my mind
It has been so many years
Filled with laughter, filled with tears
I just hope the memories linger on"

:(

We cried an ocean full of tears
For those we left behind us
When we made the journey here
I hope that somehow they survive
The odds are stacked against them
In their Quest to stay alive.

:'(

Then you've got basically all of "Rising Anew" and "Survive", all that positivity and yet here we are :cry:

I just created this forum account to express my feelings towards the news Steve shared with the community a couple of weeks ago... As a mexican PowerQuest fan since 2005, I must admit I was genuinely sad when I read that this exceptional, beyond amazing and unique band was coming to an end. I think we all have stories to tell about when we first stumbled upon PQ for the first time, in my case listening the voice of Alessio and watching Steve play the keyboard (and Andrea doing silly faces) in the "Glory Tonight" music video, pretty much sumed the symphony of what a true, passionate group of musicians could create together. Then the next albums came, and I began to hunt for any kind of information regarding my power metal heroes.
Yes, power metal is all about war, swords, fast playing, orchestra-sounding voices, dragons and keyboards, but absolutely none of today's standars will ever be enough to match what PQ and Steve displayed with so much energy in every line, in every riff and every single note... Is hard to believe that such gifted musicians are stopping their amazing sharing of power for a mundane reason as it is money, when as some of my fellow fans already expressed, there are a lot of terrible bands out there selling empty and hollow ideas.
I never actually had the chance to see any of you guys live, nor I had the opportunity to meet you in person living in another continent, but somehow I think I know you after reading all of the comments posted here: just common guys with unique talents smiling when the fans acknowledge their efforts to make us dream and hope with their music.
Thank you Alessio, Andrea, Sam, Andre, Adam, Gavin, Francesco, Bill, Oliver, Pete, Ben, Chity, Colin, Andy, Paul, Gav, Rich and STEVE for inspiring us to pursue our dreams through music. It'll pass years, decades until a band can play the very shadow of what we had the chance to enjoy in the 5 PQ amazing albums.
The Quest Must Go On, will go on in our memories and the good times we'll remember tomorrow.

'Terrible bands... selling empty and hollow ideas' is a perfect way to phrase it. So many good messages and stories in PQ's music to which a lot of these popular bands can't even come close.

Gutted, but not surprised to hear this.

I've not posted on here in ages, but just heard about the London show which I'll definitely be at.

My first PQ show was London 2003 I believe, when they were supporting Labyrinth. I genuinely can't remember all the times I've seen them, but it's been all over the country with some great memories. Obviously my life has changed dramatically since I started listening to the band as a teenager, but they meant an awful lot to me for quite a long time. While I don't listen to power metal anymore, (still a metal fan, just black/death predominantly), they were the one band that I would catch without a moments hesitation whenever possible. I also remember signing up to the PQ fanclub and getting involved in writing for the (short lived!) PQ zine!

I could ramble all day, but suffice to say that there's a pint with your name on it at the London show, Steve!

Its sad that PQ was never a very known band in the music industry. I'd say the third and fourth albums of PQ are probably the catchiest metal records ever released. I think that the fact that PQ disbanded is nothing saddening because what remains at the end of today is the plastic....the cds. The music and the songs. And PQ songs are catchy as hell, melodic and straight to the point. Personally Im a fan of PQ for about 3 years, joined this forum about 2 years ago and I think the first PQ song Ive heard was Cemetery Gates. I loved it immediately at first moment of listening. Seems such a pity for the rest of the world not to be aware of PQ's existence at all, people sure are missing on some great catchy stuff here. Magic Never dies for example, if only every metaller would hear that album, they'd be amazed for sure.

power quest got me into power metal ('temple of fire' to be precise). It took me a while to acclimatise to alessio's high-pitched vocals, but the sense of fun & catchiness in the music kept me coming back. You guys will always be one of my top 5 fav power metal bands. good luck with the future you guys, the quest will never be forgotten!