Power Quest Debut at Ancient Scottish Town

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
Ok well not in person! But still...last night was my debut attempt at being a rock DJ and in front of a packed out room full of avid rockers and metalheads Power Quest got there first EVER airing in all 597 years of St Andrew's existance!!! And to much delight, it went down a storm!!! :headbang: "Temple of Fire" truly turned up the heat and everyone was loving it :)

Just thought you guys would like to know! :kickass:

That's the kind of promotion every underground band should have. Sod the 'DJs' in the 'proper' rock clubs here. Might as well just bring in one of those stereos that holds six CDs at a time - fill it up with compilations of trendmusic and let it play. In the five years I've been going to our main rock club, I can't even remember the last time the DJ in the classic/commercial rock room changed the tracklist significantly. You can even predict what songs he'll play according to what time of the night it is, he's that bad.

Rant over. Might as well while I'm here :p

Recently got made a fully employed rock DJ for the Students Association and have my 1st gig this saturday at a video game convention of all things!

I plan to play a bit of Arthemis (I Wanna Rock cover, Sun's Temple or Fire Set us Free). But what PQ track should be played?

I got the very rare honour of being able to play an ALL power metal set tonight. This is what I played:

Silent Revelation - Galneryus
Babylon - Edguy
Fire Set Us Free - Arthemis
Land of Light - Freedom Call
Kings of Eternity - Power Quest
Legacy of Kings - Hammerfall
Crimson King - Demons & Wizards
Anima Mundi - Dionysus
Black Sheep - Sonata Arctica
Emerald Sword - Rhapsody
Wishmaster - Nightwish
Heart of a Dragon - DragonForce
Queen of my World - Freedom Call
Temple of Fire - Power Quest
Metal Invasion - Freedom Call
Future World - Helloween

PQ originally had a 3 track bill but I decided that might have been saturating the crowd ;)

Power Metal Dom .... how could you not play Warriors by Freedom Call?! Ultimate epic power metal song. Otherwise, nice set ;)