Power Quest "Live in Southampton" February 12th

Should be heading down with a couple of people

Waiting until tomorrow to buy tickets as I'm just waiting for confirmation from mates, hopefully should still be able to buy them online before we leave

Hey guys.

A sincere thank you to all the PQ fans that made the effort to come down last night.
You're all brilliant for making the effort.

And of course to my fellow brothers in PQ. It's an honour to share the stage with you all.

Love and respect.

Pete Morten:headbang:

Hey guys!

The show last night was amazing, many thanks to everyone who came out to see us :headbang:!!

All the best

Ben

Very good night

Enjoyed all 3 support bands despite the 2nd lot having all sorts of problems (starting with the fire alarm going off before the set)

New PQ excellent, although occasionally the keyboards were low in the mix (especially some of the solos) and might take a few more gigs to get used to Pete's voice (excellent tho it is, just a bit weird hearing the songs we know and love in a slightly lower pitch)

Main problem with the whole thing is that Blaze Bayley gig the night before completely ruined my ability to speak let alone sing along

True the songs as they are performed live are half a step down thus instead of being in E
concert pitch we play them in E Flat. However that only applies to the first three
albums. The M.O.I. material that we play live is in E FLAT just like the record.
Also remember the original line-up were, in recent years playing live in the lower tuning anyway :). A lot of bands do that actually just to make life a little, not much but a little
easier on the vocalist. Especially when touring over long periods of time.
The human body is not a machine after all ha ha.

Alessio and I have quite different voices, and I'm glad that I am not trying to be a clone
of him. that would not do. As a singer I want my own identity after all :)

My only hope is that PQ fans will learn to accept me as the new singer of PQ ?????:erk:

Hope that puts a few minds at rest ????

yours humbly

Pete

Naturally the true test will come with the release of album #5, but considering the ability on display from all 6 members last night, the future for the Quest should be very strong

As we've seen in the metal community, some bands have struggled with the departure of their vocalists but in all honesty its mainly due to the narrow mindedness of fans and media. Cases in point being Priest with Ripper Owens and Maiden with Blaze Bayley (for the record I'm a fan of both these periods).

As I stated it was a bit weird but you clearly showed you can do these songs live and to a great degree of justice

BIt later than usual to the party here......quite a busy day yesterday.

thanks to everyone who came along to the show and thanks to all the bands who combined to make such a great evening, despite the fire alarm going off before local lads Draegon hit the stage.

Kudos to Ascension for making the monstrous round trip from Aberdeen....that's metal dudes! Great set too guys!

The setlist ran like this

Prelude to Destiny (intro)

Wings of Forever

Find my Heaven

Human Machine

Hold on to Love

Cemetery Gates

Drum Solo

Master of Illusion

Power Quest

Guitar Solos

Magic Never Dies

Civilised

Edge of Time

Far Away

Bark at the Moon

Neverworld

The human body is not a machine after all ha ha.

*smirks* heh

Alessio and I have quite different voices, and I'm glad that I am not trying to be a clone
of him. that would not do. As a singer I want my own identity after all :)

Of course no one could match Alessio ( :cry: ) and in fairness few could take on his inhuman high-range. There are few who can scream like him. I do love a good eardrum splitter but it's good to have a decent lower-end too; metal's all about extremes :headbang: