Power Quest on tour with Freedom Call

PRESS RELEASE 10.02.2012

POWER QUEST tour updates - Guess who's back?

After headlining the Arctic Festival in London earlier this year, POWER QUEST are preparing for their European dates with FREEDOM CALL in March.

Unfortunately bassist Paul Finnie has had to stand down due to family reasons. Returning to the ranks to lock down bass once more is none other than PQ founding member Steve Scott. Here’s what both bass men had to say on the subject.

Paul Finnie commented; “I'm sad to be missing out on what I am sure will be a great tour with Freedom Call. All the guys in PQ have known for a while that I wouldn't be available during this period due to the imminent birth of my first child. However, I didn't see any reason why the rest of the boys should miss out on this great opportunity to get out and perform in front of some of our fans in Europe. I wish the boys all the best for the tour.
I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Steve Scott for filling in on bass and essentially making the tour possible. I couldn't have picked a better man for the job and I know Steve's looking forward to being back in the saddle for these 4 shows.
I look forward to being back with the guys for our appearance at PPM Fest in April. Hope to see and meet plenty of our fans there. Until then, keep rocking!"

Steve Scott replies "the biggest surprise of the year was when I received a phone call from Steve Williams asking me to join this tour, the funny thing is, I was listening to "Blood Alliance" when he called, thinking to myself, damn these songs are catchy!

Freedom Call will be the perfect band to support on tour, they are top notch live and one of my favourite bands in the power metal realm. Yes, it is sad Paul can't do this tour as he has been doing a brilliant job on bass, but I wish Paul all the best with the new adventure ahead and hope everything goes smoothly for him and family. I have to say It will be fantastic to be back on stage with PQ, who would of thought Power Quest would still be going when Steve Williams and I formed the band 11 years ago.
I am very much looking forward to see some familiar faces in the audiences again and to be back on the road in Europe with Power Quest, the "NEW" set list will tickle many a PQ fans ears too !!!!! I can't wait.”

Power Quest will be joining Freedom Call on the following dates

08.03.12 Thu CH Pratteln @ Z7
09.03.12 Fri GER Kaufbeuren @ Allkart Halle (Partyraum)
10.03.12 Sat GER Aschaffenburg @ Colos-Saal
11.03.12 Sun GER Bochum @ Zeche

:danceboy:

Absolutely terrific! Resume the Quest my brother, it must go on! :headbang:

All the best to Mr Finnie and his growing family. A shame to miss out on an awesome tour but Kiwi Steve is the man to fill the bass boots :) Have fun mate, what an epic tour it'll be, hope to see you on the road :kickass:

All the best to Paul, he'll definitely be missed on the road but as you rightly say Dom, Steve S is the man to fill the bass boots no question. We'll be getting together in a few days to go through the setlist, should be fun :headbang:

Paul: If you read this, big congrats on becoming a father! Must be awesome (wouldn't know anything about that, though ;)).

Steve S: Fantastic that you were up for the job! Blast from the past, eh?

Courtesy of Mr Midgley, had to post such an awesome pic:

2vHZk.jpg