Power Quest

Check out Metal Archives, they have some stuff about them on there. They are pretty amazing! They remind me of Dragonforce, just a million times better. I might have to get Blood Alliance.

Gotta love the Metal Archives reference...

I've been there, it's almost mandatory, I asked you guys for opinions and experiences, not facts and lyrics...

They sound great. Lyrics seem pretty positive. Would love to know what faith they have.
Fundy

Did you know Sam Totman from Dragonforce used to play with them? And ZP Theart did some vocal demos for them. Check out the stuff on youtube. It's real. And I don't think they are Christian... no.

They're not openly Christian, but the vocalist WAS Italian, I don't know how safe is it to assume he came from a decent religious background, but it won't even matter seeing as the lyrics are overall positive and it would be a shame to let it slide.

Enough with the Dragonforce...
Yes they are connected, but if anything what everyone is saying is that this band is what 'Dragonforce would've sounded like if they were good'.

As for the lyrics:

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/powerquest/magicneverdies.html#1

They are not Christian. Even Alessio(old singer) was not! The original founding members were all from DragonHeart, the original name for Dragonforce. Their keyboardist wrote the song "Where Dragons Rule". Their newest CD, "Blood Alliance", is an all new line-up except for Steve Williams. While the band is not Christian they do offer some powerful lyrics, check out the songs "Children of the Dream", "Hold On To Love", "When I'm Gone", and "Civilized?".

Direct quote from Power Quest keyboardist Steve Williams:

"...as far as I am aware none of us have any formal religious beliefs...although my father was a church minister before he retired a few years back.

I have a fairly simple philosophy in life, which in some ways has an element of Christian teaching in it......

Be the best person you can be each and every day and treat others with the respect and decency you would like to be treated with yourself."

Direct quote from Power Quest keyboardist Steve Williams:

"...as far as I am aware none of us have any formal religious beliefs...although my father was a church minister before he retired a few years back.

I have a fairly simple philosophy in life, which in some ways has an element of Christian teaching in it......

Be the best person you can be each and every day and treat others with the respect and decency you would like to be treated with yourself."

Classic example of why you just gotta love Steve, and most PQ followers for that matter. Some people still understand the basics of human generosity and kindness, not every band has lost sight of what the world should be like! Steve did not personally send me my merch from the band but when it was sent he sent me an email personally thanking me for the support and seemed legitimately interested in his fanbase and our thoughts. He does indeed live by his philosophy!

Well it is difficult this days to find on the Metal Stream, people with good will, at least (and I an guessing) the parents of Steve put the Christian Seed in hes early live and it is still there, maybe some day it will realy blosson!!!.

By the way Powerquest is an excelent band!!!!