PP preparty?

Havermout

Focused
Feb 11, 2002
The Netherlands
www.havermout.net
well, heard the news that SC and Andromeda will play the day before ProgPrower Europe in the venue that is in a 5 minutes walking distance from my house.

since there isn't an official PP preparty i think this is the best way to start this great weekend!

can't find this tourdate on SC's website yet, but the info is already spread out here in town. Marcel, Dennis, tell me if it ain't true :( otherwise, see ya in a couple of weeks here in town :)

Henk

I recently received a newsletter announcing that Sun Caged + Andromeda are playing in Alphen a/d Rijn on October 3rd.
This is not confirmed!! I have been in (brief!) contact with a booker but neither we, the venue nor the booker has confirmed anything yet. So far, it's only an idea.
So don't count on anything yet. It might very well happen though but nothing has been confirmed.
It's a shame some people spread around news when it's actually not confirmed. I also have no idea where this person got it from? :(

D.

Andromeda stepped out of the whole thing so this package will not happen. A shame it was announced before it was confirmed.. Now people might be disapointed :(

We're working on some kind of replacement. Will keep you posted :)

Sorry!

D.

Right, it is a shame that people announce things already while things are not confirmed yet, this is what happens then. Too bad.

But don't give up yet, as Dennis said there might be a concert after all, we are working on that, let's hope it will happen.

Marcel

Hmm it is not exactly "close" to Baarlo, it is near Leiden, at the west side of the netherlands, in between Amsterdam and The Hague.
Though I guess it will be the only thing going on before Prog Power this year, so just come, you won't regret it, at least when something WILL happen there, if not I will try to arrange something else.

The whole thing in Alphen a/d Rijn is not happening. As I said, it only was a proposal to a venue. It's never been confirmed. So it's not "cancelled". It's never been booked...
Sorry for the confusion!

Dennis

Redelijk said:
The whole thing in Alphen a/d Rijn is not happening. As I said, it only was a proposal to a venue. It's never been confirmed. So it's not "cancelled". It's never been booked...
Sorry for the confusion!

Dennis
A pity to hear that, it would have been nice.

And indeed, it's a bad thing this whole 'thing' was already announced even before you guys even got to a full deal with all parties involved.

After hearing the news i ended up with reading the info in that newsletter as well, the weird thing even is that time schedule and pre-sale date for the tickets were already mentioned. pre-sale started at august 29 already, 2 days before i even posted about this!!!!!! weird and a pity.

well, if nothing will happen at October 3rd we'll see you probably at PP in Baarlo anyways.

Henk (who had a really great time at PP usa)

PS. the Sun Caged track from the upcoming album on the PP sampler CD sounds great.

Andromeda was booked (as headliner). Sun Caged wasn't. We were *asked* to be the support act. A day later, the whole thing was announced (but we hadn't actually confirmed yet, we were still negotiating)... Then a couple of days later, Andromeda cancelled the whole thing. Then the booker tried to book another band together with Sun Caged to let the evening happen after all. But the venue didn't want to book Sun Caged as the headliner (the west of Holland is a bad bad place for progmetal... last time we played in Alphen a/d Rijn, there were maybe 20 people)...
Maybe once our album is out, we'll play there again :)

Cheers,

Dennis

Hey Sun Caged alot of kick ass shows soon when that disc is out. My brotha's in Sun Caged RULE!!!!! Mentioned you guys in two interviews I did in the last 24 hours. Gotta plug our genre and the bands who can help the scene.

Talk to you soon guys.

Jasun/ZH