PP Scan 2009 - which bands do you want to see?

How is the progress going guys? Which weekend will it take place? :p

To be honest i start to get a bit worried since PP US have announced the full line-up and PP Europe have 4 bands confirmed by now.

Some words that will ease my troubled mind please....:)

Haha, no worries. We'll be announcing the date sometime within the next week. I've been too busy with other homepage projects to get the new PP SCAN homepage up and running, sorry.

We have the first couple of bands booked by now, and we might announce a few of them this week as well, although we're probably gonna hold back on the headliners for a few more weeks.

Cheers,
Claus

Haha, no worries. We'll be announcing the date sometime within the next week. I've been too busy with other homepage projects to get the new PP SCAN homepage up and running, sorry.

We have the first couple of bands booked by now, and we might announce a few of them this week as well, although we're probably gonna hold back on the headliners for a few more weeks.

Cheers,
Claus

Thanks Claus, just what i needed to hear:)

I'm pretty excited to see what you pull up from the hat this year :p

Firstly... Thank you for last Year Claus, great line-up, well run and just a huge amount of fun! :worship: My wish list would be:

Zero Hour (as I really wanted to see them last year)
Riverside
Estradasphere
Beyond Twilight (I heard somewhere they were coming back!)
Orphaned Land
Protest the Hero
TesseracT (http://www.tesseractband.co.uk)
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
And if you want to bring Deadsoul Tribe or PoS back I'd be very happy :loco:

O :headbang:

Firstly... Thank you for last Year Claus, great line-up, well run and just a huge amount of fun! :worship:

THANKS!!!! It really warms to hear that kind of comments.

My wish list would be:
Zero Hour (as I really wanted to see them last year)
And if you want to bring Deadsoul Tribe or PoS back I'd be very happy :loco:

As for ZERO HOUR - it's just not going to happen. We offered them to come over this year, but Troy is still not in any shape to play, so things aren't looking good. It sucks, especially because they are one of my personal fave bands and are the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

DST and PoS - it's just too close to have them here, since they just played last year.

Riverside
Orphaned Land
Estradasphere
Beyond Twilight (I heard somewhere they were coming back!)
Protest the Hero
TesseracT (http://www.tesseractband.co.uk)
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum

I won't comment on these (of course)... :)

Looking forward to the band announcements well. As I've said, a bit more death-ish and/or dark-ish would be nice, some flower power 70s proggie stuff as well, please... :lol:

Well then, my wishes might be right up your alley:

First of, I'd like to wish for the amazing band Cronian, quite dark in places, atmospheric as hell.

And for the second, Waterclime. Same singer (though solo here) but with a completely different style, more in line with the oldies I think.

Think it's hard (probably impossible) to get any of them, but would still love to see them live...

Thanks for the comments Claus,

Yes I wouldn't be expecting any bands from last year, need to mix the line-up a little hey - but it was a great line up! It's a real shame about Troy and his tendonitis, wishing him a speedy recovery.

Well I have every faith in the line-up for 2009, especially looking forward to it as it doesn't look like progpower UK is going to happen (again)! And hopefully no more Danish airlines will go into administration on the day I fly over!!!

Looking forward to those announcements soon! All the best...

Dave :loco:

Dave - watch out for SAS (Scandinavian Airline System). They recently fired 3000 people and shut down 1/5 of all their routes. Just to keep you (and others) informed.

First bands to be revealed in a very short time.....Claus is the master of that....:headbang:

L

oh shit... that could be potentially bad for me... i really hope they won't close the routes to Bucharest, cause there's a straight flight from Copenhagen to Bucharest and if they do that could fuck me pretty bad... i might have to go with our local company and they suck big time. or maybe take Lufthansa which could be very expansive compared to SAS. thanks for the tip Lars, i will keep an eye on that matter...

oh shit... that could be potentially bad for me... i really hope they won't close the routes to Bucharest, cause there's a straight flight from Copenhagen to Bucharest and if they do that could fuck me pretty bad... i might have to go with our local company and they suck big time. or maybe take Lufthansa which could be very expansive compared to SAS. thanks for the tip Lars, i will keep an eye on that matter...

There have been talk about Lufthansa might take over SAS, but still too early to say. Hope nothing will happen soon since i got tickets to Copenhagen with SAS at the end of this month..:p

Thanks for the tip Lars, I'll keep an eye on SAS! Stirling DK went under the day before I came over last year and I had to spend £250 to prove my dedication to prog! Was worth it but I don't want a repeat.

Anyway, seems travel arrangements have taken over the thread (maybe we need a separate one for travel arrangements)! Back to the wish list...

D :loco: