PP USA XII video online, an introduction, and a goodbye

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
The ProgPower USA XII Roster Announcement video is now online on the front page: www.progpowerusa.com . Once again, I'd like to thank Wayne Joyner for bringing my vision to reality. His work is absolutely amazing.

For those of you wondering, this is the video minus the Silence of the Lambs parody intro.

I would also like to take this moment to introduce Claus Jensen as my new full-time webmaster, program designer, and cd sampler coordinator. Claus has been a dear friend for many years and I have no doubt he will go above and beyond the call of duty as we go forward. The new website will be online in a few weeks. Thank you Claus.

And as you can guess, I sadly have take a moment to announce that Deron has stepped down from the position and duties that he has held for the past eight years. I owe him a tremendous amount of gratitude for everything he has done for me and the festival. Take a bow my friend. You have earned it.

Deron's done an awesome job. Little sad to see him hand over the reigns, but surely a capable replacement has been chosen. Go to it, Claus!

Well, sorry to see Deron fade further from existence. He hasn't shown up for local shows for years, and now the one place where I do see him, he wasn't there this year and now seems to be stepping away from it. Good luck with whatever you are doing nowadays...

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Big thanks to Glenn for putting up with me all these years :) Mr. Harv is more than just a guy I do some work for and it's been a honor to be able to have done this along side him. I had an awesome time doing it and am very comfortable that Claus was able to come in and is doing/did a great job!

Also big thanks to all the bands that booked over the years and whom many of them I have become good friends with. Make sure to continue with 'ol Mr. Claus :)

Missed seeing a ton of you all this year \m/

Neat video. What's this about the Silence of the Lambs?

Don't know if you saw the video at the show or not but Wayne did a parody of Silence of the Lambs for next year's roster video. It was right before the collage of band videos.

It was the scene where Clarice (Jodie Foster) met Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) for the first time at his jail cell. Wayne substituted the dialogue (written) with new dialogue. Very funny if you've attended the fest before! :lol:

He had to remove it prior to posting it on the Internet for fear of copyright infringement.

Don't know if you saw the video at the show or not but Wayne did a parody of Silence of the Lambs for next year's roster video. It was right before the collage of band videos.

It was the scene where Clarice (Jodie Foster) met Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) for the first time at his jail cell. Wayne substituted the dialogue (written) with new dialogue. Very funny if you've attended the fest before! :lol:

He had to remove it prior to posting it on the Internet for fear of copyright infringement.

Too bad I'll never be able to see this. I've liked the previous jokes in previous videos, but this is the advantage to attending I suppose. I thought there was something where you're safe if it's a parody opposed to using it in other ways, like the fake Shining trailer that is made to look like a Romcom and Mary Poppins done like a horror film. However, I think playing it safe is probably the best way to go.

Exciting stuff! Now if you can get Mats Leven back in Therion for this performance I won't feel like the Therion part of the vid is a lie. :eek:

Missed seeing a ton of you all this year m/

I missed seeing you too - I had every intention of talking smack about your Bejeweled Blitz scores and you weren't there. :O

I'm sure you've got plenty on your plate, though, and Claus will be an admirable replacement!